I been living with my sister for a couple years now without having any say in the matter. My adoptive moms daughter plotted a wicked scheme. She told me I was going on vacation but i had no idea I was leaving my life behind that I was coming to live with my sister. My adoptive mom has demenshia so she forgets things sometimes. My heart was broken to hear my mother crying and telling me she missed me if I didn't put up a front that everything was okay she could suffer a stroke or die from extreme high blood pressure. He's on bills for both. I wish my sister had told me what's going on or talked to me she didn't. I left behind my family friend my mother everything that I was getting use to. Moving to that state was hard now I was moving agai The first couples years I live with my sister was hard she had just had a baby and her hubby and her were struggle enough now they had another burden me. Then there were two more people coming to live with us that I didn't know. I survived through it. Throughout my senior year I was volunteering and going to school part time. To help me through the year I had a paid babysitting job . A couple months after graduation I was forced to quitt that job to babysit my sisters two kids. They never give me money because I didn't have a job, if I wanted nothing I had to ask my boyfriend. They don't communicate with me they just leave the kids with me and not ask or say anything. I feel depressed and trapped I don't really enjoy kids or being around them only in small dosage. For one whole year they forced me to babysitting from morning until night a full time job. They never tried o help me find a job or get into school after I ask them to help me they just take advantage of me. I couldn't go anywhere or do anything unless someone else watched the kids. I had to move four times since I been living here now I'm about to move again. My sis is about to have another baby so now it might be another year of watching three kids full time. I have to get out because they not trying to help me. They just using me. Not o ly that I'm the maid in the house. What should I do.both three year old are a handful for me I can't deal with both of them. I don't want kids myself because I'm not a kids person or enjoy them or like dealing with them. They stop me from getting a job. It's hard because I can't do what I need to do to help my life out. I'm almost 20 and I been out of school to long in my opinion I want to be a nurse so the more I don't go to school the more I will have to be in school. No one in my house gives me anything nor do I ask.
Mrstuplips93 Mrstuplips93 18-21, F 7 Answers May 25, 2012

Story...not a question.

Best Answer

I just joined so I didnt know where to post this

Best Answer

A TEC 9 SHOULD CLEAR UP ANY REMAINNG HOSTILTY YOU HAVE TOWARDS YOUR FAMILY

Best Answer

Awe, sweetie im so so sorry!!! I some similarities in my childhood also. Trust me i know how badly it hurts to be lied too, or not told the truth about what's really going on...Wow though, your so strong to be handling all the unfair responsibilities that's being put on you. Damn...i have no advice. I jus wish i could hug you, or cry w/you. Just know that im behind you 100%...you sound like you really have your head together...Please DONT give up your dream of becoming a nurse. Do whatever it takes. Do it for you!!! I wish you the very best of everything!

Best Answer

Thank you boo I really needed the encouragement. I can only turn negative things in my life as motivation to do better and become stronger

Best Answer

How is your adoptive mom now? You're 20 now, I say demand a little attention in the sense that you want to do things for yourself. Let them know that as much as you love the kids(even though you don't, lol) you want to find a job, to get money to support yourself. They're being so selfish and inconsiderate, I dislike people like that regardless if they are family or not. When I empathize, I can tell its very uncomfortable, so I say work on getting out of there.<br />
I was also thinking, you could, apply to some university and board there. idk. I'm just throwing out possible ideas. :-)<br />
Regardless of anything though, never forget that YOU comes first.

Best Answer

Thank you my mom is getting worst I can't even have a conversation with her but just hearing her voice and k owing she's alive is enough for me to be thankful I still have her. I miss her you know her memory is fading more and more but she remembers me always. Your right about everything you said. I do need to put me first if I'm ever going to become something in life. I have to do it for me and my mother she invested so much into me. I definitely not going to sit around and wait for things to change I'm going to change them first if I don't take that step first I'm going to be here a long time. Don't get me wrong I love my sisters kids I just don't want to have to be with them all day and taking care of them. It's a lot to do emotionally and physically. I'm at the selfish age where I don't want to deal with children. More than I should after all I didn't have them. I been watching them since they were born now I don't want to. My family overdoing my kindness. They abusing my life and free time. I'm my priority and I have to do what I have to do

Best Answer

I am sorry that you have had to go through that. And your sharing seems very measured, and that is a sign of your strength in putting up with the cards that life has dealt with you.<br />
Thank you for being open and sharing. It is the first step to resolving it - acknowledgement. And congratulations on shedding light on it and not letting it fester.<br />
In any case, remain strong and persevere and push through. Cliched I know, but tough times don't last, tough Mrstulips do. :D Push through, it will make you stronger. And it seems it has already has.<br />
And God forbid! Please don't ever see yourself as a burden. Not even if they have told you that. You need to have more self worth, and it has to come from within. Love yourself!

Best Answer

Thank you so much they always tell me if they didn't take me.in I would have no where to go. I don't think they know how it feels to have to start your whole life over again. I'm strong and I will be okay I have to start somewhere.

Best Answer

I'm glad to hear that! Don't let nobody pull you down!

Best Answer

Thanks boo

Best Answer