JoeEDangerously JoeEDangerously 26-30, M 32 Answers Aug 8, 2012 in Community

I'm afraid of the pain and loss of dignity that surrounds death so often but not of death it's self. I'm a Christian and my faith tells me that there is nothing to be afraid of in death, I will go to be with Jesus, even if, for arguments sake, I am wrong in my faith, then I still say there is nothing to fear because after dying there would be nothing, no pain and no understanding. :o)

Best Answer

I feel the same - but I am afraid that I am not allowed to get entry to Kingdom of Heaven.

Best Answer

The Bible tells us that as long as you accept Jesus as your saviour and you repent your sins then you will be accepted. Jesus said to the thief on the cross next to him "tomorrow you will be with me in paradise" :o)

Best Answer

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, dear Roberta:).My brain goes ahead. But I am not really able to love God dearly. And God is not really interested in our small brains but in our hearts. Are you able to love God like a beloved person?

Best Answer

I don't believe in demigods with magic powers. Sorry, but that's just silly. People don't come back from the dead. I am an adult and thus do not believe fairy tales.

Best Answer

Everyone believes in God Joe, he hides in your psyche, there is a God shaped hole in all of us, some are lucky enough to find the piece that fits, some temporarily fill it, some keep searching, feeling empty and some discover it in their darkest hour but he will come and claim you at some point, the decision will be yours in what you choose to do with that though.

Best Answer

One the whole I have a good relationship with God, although my spiritual connection waxes and wanes, I am trying to be a better Christian. Knock and the door will be answered and all that. Every time I know I have found it answered but I still have to keep knocking if you understand :o)

Best Answer

I'm petrified of dying, but what was once born must die.

Best Answer

dying is hard because you think of all the things you should have taken care of before you go. and its weird to have everything you knew suddenly go away. im probably most afraid i didnt do enough with my life or that the people i really cared about wouldnt know how i felt for them.

and the pain would be awful but the shock would probably take over most of my feelings

Best Answer

Dying is hard because you will no longer exist. You'll just be... Gone. Not "at peace," not "in a better place," just... Gone. I really don't want to go anywhere. I like it here. Besides, it's where I keep my stuff.

Best Answer

ya see i kinda believe in a life after death but it will be a completely different life. things change and we change with them. i wouldnt be the same

Best Answer

There is no evidence for the existence of the soul or life after death. Not one piece. I can't comfort myself with a notion of a magic place that there's no reason to believe even exists.

Best Answer

its just having hope. some choose to have it some dont.

Best Answer

It's having hope in a silly notion that has never been born out in any way. At all. Ever. You believe in stories you once heard and think they sound good. I believe in what seems to be true. I care whether my beliefs are true. Believing silly stories about invisible spooks inside my body is not something I am willing to believe until you give me some proof. Believing stories in a book because your mommy and daddy told you they are real is not a path to the truth. The truth is actually important to me, unlike you it seems. I feel sorry for you.

Best Answer

the truth is very important. but thats not what hope realies on. its what realism relies on.
for example, the future. no one knows for sure whats gonna happen. so is thinking about tomorrow the truth? was expecting your mom to wake you up when you were a kid, so you could be on time for school the "truth"? uh no. hope lies in the future. that none of us know by the way. reality check.
and, you said, "having hope in a silly notion?"
ignorance at its best. science proved the earth was round, and at one time that was a silly notion too. listen to yourself. i feel sorry for you if anything

Best Answer

and ur so wrong. i didnt believe the stories i heard from mommy and daddy to be true right off the bat. not at all. but in the long shot, they seemed most plausible. look at all the religions. none of them have "proof"? duh. if they did i think life would be easier. have you ever taken a philosophy class? in your life? take one and then come back and talk to me. because thats all this "dicsussion" is

Best Answer

I will no longer wish to die knowing that I have actually found the girl of my dreams.

Best Answer

I'm not afraid to die no but I am afraid that people who I love will die.

Best Answer

That's called living, brother. Eventually your loved ones will die on you or you'll die on them. But it is hard to lose people. I've actually lost a good number of people. But no offense, my life is the only one I can have. I can't inherit another one. To you, my brain is a mass of cells and electricity. To me, it's the whole world. Understand?

Best Answer

Certainly but I have a mother and father who are both I'll. I'm 21, I love my mother so much and it's not easy seeing her in pain every day, So no way I'm I not going to say I'm afraid.....thank you for taking the time to comment.

Best Answer

I'm glad you admit you're afraid. I think most of these people are lying honestly.

Best Answer

I've already done it, 'practice', it's not all that interesting.

Best Answer

I'm not talking about your heart or most vital organs arresting or something and then being resuscitated. No offense, I feel for you and I actually understand a whole lot better than you think, but you didn't die. Neither did I. The doctors saved our lives. I mean brain dead. Gone, never coming back, lights out, dirt nap doornail dead. That's not the same thing. Sorry, but it's not.

Best Answer

Then don't die. Wait...that's impossible because it's inevitable, we're all going to die someday.

Best Answer

Yes, I understand basic biology. Thank you. I also know where babies come from.

Best Answer

r u sure u aren't died right now ...

it's deeper than u think

Best Answer

No it isn't. It's not even grammatically correct.

Best Answer

I thought after death you just don't feel yourself and you go into a deep sleep? What a beautiful dream!

Best Answer

Yes, I do fear death, like any other human being - Whoever says they don't fear it, is a big liar.

Best Answer

i feel like im about to die soon. im not afraid, but very sad. i wish i would've help more.

Best Answer

We're not dead yet.

Best Answer

nope that is one thing that i am not afraid of in life!

Best Answer

I'm jealous.

Best Answer

No, not at all !!!

Best Answer

Good for you.

Best Answer

Afraid of being finally set free from the constraints and struggles of this shell I'm in? Why should I be? Death is merely a new beginning.

Best Answer

There is no evidence for the existence of a soul or an afterlife in the history of science. I don't accept your wildly unsupported assertions. You're just another internet ******* to me.

Best Answer

There is no concrete evidence for evolution either,yet it is being taught in schools as if it were fact I still think they should give all the info on both ideas and let people decide for themselves myself,but then independent thought is the last thing the left wants.
And say what you will,immature people that cannot disagree without insults and name-calling only show themselves to be the real idiots.

Best Answer

You have no understanding of science or anything else. If you honestly think evolution isn't supported by ALL the evidence to the degree that it would be wildly absurd to think it's not true then you don't know basic, basic facts and are thus beneath my contempt. I will not waste time with you, you ignorant troglodyte. Read a ******* book.
No concrete evidence. Please never breed.

Best Answer

No need to let the fear that you might be wrong get you so irrational,Joe.You can always change your mind later.

Best Answer

I am afraid of dying

I want to live

Best Answer

:(

Best Answer

I'm with you on that one.

Best Answer

it is to not be afraid of dieing, but to be aware that everyone does. So you live your life the happiest you can :)

Best Answer

I agree that we only have so much time so live the best way you can and be true to yourself but I don't want to stop living life. I like life. It's nice. I don't want to lose it.

Best Answer

don't do it then

Best Answer

You're funny!
Go away and don't come back.

Best Answer

I am afraid If I die without experiencing some of the things(which are in my list) and without achieving what I want.

Best Answer

I wish I could see it like that. Maybe I will some day.

Best Answer

No, I'm afraid of life

Best Answer

Nope

Best Answer