Keep yourself engaged in a variety of activities to keep your mind off it. Exercising and getting active are great, especially if you exhaust yourself to the point you are so tired, you can fall asleep in no time, so you do not have the chance to think about what ever happened that made you depressed.

Best Answer

Adopt a shelter animal. Seriously. Do it.

Best Answer

do you have diagnosed depression? if so tell you Dr, if you have experinced this before? see your Dr you might need antidepressants

Best Answer

I believe depression is part of a natural cycle of the dynamics of the mind, particularly for sensitive people. Let me repeat that: I believe it is normal to feel what doctors call acute depression. It is like the weather; sometimes sunny, sometimes cloudy, and it's nothing personal. It's nature. I would no more fear a bout of acute depression than I would dread the arrival of an impending thunderstorm, as I can't do a thing about it. I discovered that when I let go of hoping that I could influence outcomes hopelessly beyond my control, I experienced disappointment and anxiety a lot less frequently. <br />
Don't be afraid. Depression is normal sometimes. Maybe you will experience it, maybe you won't, but if you believe you can't control it then don't live in fear.

Best Answer

I agree with you about it happening in cycles, but there was one time a few years ago where I couldn't do anything. I don't want things to get like that. I have a job and I don't want my life to go to sh**.

Best Answer

That sounds more chronic than acute, but again I don't think you should be afraid. If what is to come is beyond your control, what will living in fear gain you? All you can ask of yourself is to do your best under the circumstances. That's it. Just try your best.

Best Answer

Try how? What tips and suggestions? I've been feeling terrible the last couple months and it's getting worse. I went to visit family for the holidays and I thought it would help, but I just feel worse.

Best Answer

OK, well, I believe that depression and anxiety demand energy as fuel. Furthermore, energy only changes forms. Literaturegirl suggested exercise, diet, and going out and mixing with others. I am convinced that if a greater portion of the "pie chart" of your body and mind's energy is consumed by activities like exercise and being with and visiting with other people, then you will leave phenomena like depression with very little energy to use as its fuel. Remember - energy only changes forms. My other suggestion - focus outward. Do you know others who need help? Do you have children? Pets? This kind of action is nearly always an effective antidote for despair. And by the way - being depressed and then feeling even worse after visiting your family for the holidays is normal by my standards! You're in good company. (Remember that too...you're not alone in this struggle.)

Best Answer