They will try to separate you from your family and friends.<br />
They will make you feel selfish or bad for taking care of yourself.<br />
They will alternately give you and withhold sex and affection according to whether you are following their orders sufficiently or not.<br />
They will feel free to check up on you, read your personal emails, etc. but would not tolerate for an instant you trying to do that to them.

Best Answer

It is "how you feel" to you;Therefore you know the signs. Now it is up to you to decide if you are going to waste your time trying to prove it or make the changes necessary NOT to feel that way any longer.

Best Answer

The reason why I put it that way is do to my experience. I have spent 15 years of my 28 year relationship feeling that way. Each year of those 15 years, I have not only been unsuccessful in proving that, but have also convinced myself that even the first 13 years it was happening, but I wouldn't accept it. Now I am no closer to validating my fears and that much closer than being a basket case.

Best Answer

That is true its your instinct...But saying that to you if you figured he was,would you leave him,iv being down this road before and trust me it only gets worse.

Best Answer

If you must ask, you must also know that it is happening, already.

Best Answer

You are perfectly right - I know it's happening but the situation is a diffcult catch-22 - I have to find a way out of the trap I've been drawn into.
Thanks.

Best Answer

Listen to your gut instinct...it never lies.

Best Answer

My gut instinct says I have been for a lot of years just suddenly realised it.

Best Answer

This question should suffice to be the confirmation of your suspicions. Obviously something is placing a burden in your heart.

Best Answer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_manipulation
I'm sure wikipedia will help :) as one always says: The best way to defeat something is to understand it

Best Answer