I'm moving from Massachusetts to Washington state, around mid-July. I'm leaving behind negative family, untrue friends and going to start my life new, fresh and with a smile on my face!
trainwrek trainwrek 26-30, M 10 Answers Apr 24, 2012

by all means, GO and enjoy yourself.......I moved to LA in 1960(!!) with my best friend from high school.....but we flew out.....not that much 'pioneer' spirit to drive!!. anyway, we lasted 3 months; the jobs we got were crap and we really missed home!! <br />
But I never regretted it.....I was lucky, though; another school friend and his mom had moved out there a few years before so we at least had some 'home folk' to be with.......make sure you have PLENTY of money........When you are there and settled, remember to live BENEATH your means, not within; BENEATH; it means you will be spending a little less than you normally would; at least until you get settled into a job, etc.........<br />
If you end up not liking it, no big deal......NOW, at your age, is the time to do this; I did when I was your age and at age 70 still think about it all from time to time!!<br />
Just use your head......be careful who you associate with........be safe and careful......in 1960, the world was a HELL of a lot different, and maybe better, place!!!<br />
Good luck.....DO keep in touch with family and friends.esp.parents...they will miss you terribly!!!

Best Answer

Your name should be traintoglory. Breathe deeply when stressed. Before starting anything. Inhale deeply. Hold. Exhale deeply. Draw it out...Smile and think what wonderful adventures life has in store for you! Nothing like a new city; a new job; a new environment; new friends; new everything! You can do this. You are smart. You are kind. You are won-der-ful! Just believe this and you will do well. Reach out to others for many are lonely and just need a smile. Smile a lot. Smile day and night. It will be lonely at times. You will cry. Frustrated. Wondering if you made a mistake. Love yourself. You deserve love. You deserve life. I am SO excited for you. Let us know how it is going....Smoothly and swiftly the ship rides the waves as the winds blow and the sun shines hotly on your skin. You command the vessel. It is as it should be....Kisses!

Best Answer

I know you are kinda thinking of doing the same thing. Have you done this before as well?

Best Answer

Yes, Alexa, I have.

Best Answer

Go boldly, Explore your new city, smile, make new friends!

Best Answer

So you are venturing out on your own? The advice I can give is to choose your friends wisely and be careful where you tread.

Best Answer

Avoid Nebraska at all costs. It's is really boring to drive through. The same can be said for Kansas. Best to take a southern route in my opinion.

Best Answer

Carhenge

Best Answer

Another roadside attraction.

Best Answer

I just think it's funny...it is pretty far off the main road anyway. There are some nice camp spots but most people just go down the interstate...going the southwest route is desolate in spots too and way too out of the way to get to Washington.

Best Answer

Good luck...sounds exciting! Just enjoy and never forget where you came from.

Best Answer

It's funny you say that, because just this past Saturday, I got a tattoo of an anchor to remind myself to stay grounded and always remember where I came from.

Best Answer

Great minds think alike ;)

Best Answer