Quit drinking on my own. I don't want to do or say anything to make matters worse. Let me clarify...I was hospitalized in feb. 2012. I will have permanent scars that aren't easy to hide and are painful still. Unlike most recovering alcoholics I know how lucky I am to be alive and have been working very hard to find new enjoyments. Treatment just seems like back peddling and living in the past. However, the general consensus is that is the only way to move forward. So I will be honest with the out patient councilor and hope I get understanding. Thanks for the responses. I am taking them to heart.
Badina Badina 46-50, F 21 Answers Jun 2, 2012

if you quit drinking on your own why did you wake up in a hospital after a black out

Best Answer

I quit drinking after I woke up in hospital.

Best Answer

oh. then some extra "help" to ease the minds of your loved ones cant hurt.

Best Answer

Voluntary treatment would be better.That way it's your choice.<br />
Good luck.

Best Answer

found this forum because I feel I am being forced into treatment as well. I definately didn't get into an accident or hurt anyone else...only my bank account.<br />
I wrote a very lengthy desc<x>riptive letter to my judge - who ultimately has the final say.<br />
I am going to get another proffessional opinion about my situation.<br />
I emailed a chief executor who I believe has authority over the addiction counselor whom initially told me I need treatment. <br />
Those are the only actions I have taken. <br />
I'm wondering how your situation turned out and if you or anyone else has advice for me.

Best Answer

Be greatful... There are alot of people who need treatment & want it... But can not afford the cost. Try being sober... You can always go back to drinking... But Im sure if you are an Alcoholic you will find a new peace & happiness without alcohol

Best Answer

i don't think waking up from a blackout in the hospital really counts as quitting drinking. <br />
"oh no i don't have alcohol at the moment, i've stopped drinking" <br />
that's not a long term solution :) go to treatment. unless you feel like drinking until you black out or just die. It's too bad that such nice people are wasting their time caring for you when you can't help yourself.

Best Answer

Let me clarify...I've been out of hospital since March and am still healing from my injuries. I live with my bad choice daily. I pray that you will never have to rebuild your life after making a bad decision.

Best Answer

I understand that relapses are common when a person believes they've finally quit. It sucks that it's not your choice & that you're being forced to partake in a treatment you wish to not be a part of. It also sounds like maybe you had slipped up a bit if you blacked out & woke up in a hospital.<br />
It sounds like you're worried you may say something that might make me the treatment team want to you to stay longer. I think it is so important though to just be honest, and not worry about saying all the right or wrong things so you can get out. I know it is hard, but try as hard as you can to make the best of this experience, trying hard, and learning all you can..... all while surrounded by lots of support systems. This is your opportunity to beat Alcoholism, and could forever turn your life around. For yourself, and those loved ones around you. If you put your heart & soul into this program. You can beat this for good. I know you can, and believe in you.

Best Answer

Go to treatment and get on with life. Good luck!

Best Answer

All I can say is this: when I was in a similar position, I found more strength and the necessary tools to stay clean in rehab. The experience allowed me to realize I wasn't alone nor could I do this on my own...

Best Answer

I think that you should accept it. Accept the fact that you need help. And allow others to help you and to do that is hard but it means that you are strong because all of the survivors are people who know they need others and accept help because the truth, in life is that you can't get very far without the help of others.<br />
And try the treatment. I mean really, truly try your very hardest and if it fails then<br />
you can say you tried right? That is all anyone can do and it is all they want. it is clear they care. Just try it because it will help you no matter how hard it seems.

Best Answer

you blacked out....did not wake up when some people picked up from where ever and put you in a hospital....how drunk were you? its better if you stay in the hospital...for your own good...

Best Answer

You're lucky you didn't wake up somewhere worse like jail if you blacked out. You must have been behaving pretty poorly. You can only black out with toxic levels of alcohol so it sounds like you're where you need to be. Take the time to ponder if this is really the life you want and appologize to whoever had to take you there.

Best Answer

Hope you the best of luck!

Best Answer

Sounds like you have people around you that care about you. Do the smart thing and listen to them. Seems like you aren't making the best choices when it comes to alcohol.

Best Answer

Ya. stop drinking.

Best Answer

receive it like it is a gift!

Best Answer

Trust that the people around you know better than you do hon and fully immerse yourself in the treatment. Alcoholism ripped my family apart, I know only too well how it sets in. Accept the intervention and take all you can from it. Your future self will thank everyone for this, I promise. Good luck with it x x x x x

Best Answer