Earlier today I was administering medications to an elderly man and he asked me if I was going to ----- for him. Since he has made odd comments like this before, I kind of shrugged it off and said no. He said he was going to go get ready to take a shower, and he went into his bathroom. I went to go collect his garbage from his bedroom and he came into the bedroom, without clothes, and told me that he wanted me to get on his bed so that he could have --- with me. I told him to move out of the doorway because he was blocking me. He tried to get closer to me and I told him to let me out. He came closer to me and I pushed him and he fell onto his bed and then onto the floor. I ran out of his apartment crying and shaking and went to get help. I made sure that the man was okay and left. I went to get my coworker, she told me to call my manager and RN... I did so, now the state is investigating me and I'm suspended. I was just trying to protect myself and thought he was going to hurt me.
asdfdsafd asdfdsafd 18-21, F 6 Answers Jun 24, 2012

Is this person suffering from some form of dementia? The company you work for is probably worried about a lawsuit, which is why they suspended you. Hang in there and good luck.

Best Answer

Yes, but the nurse that I work under has not properly evaluated him, as well as some other patients/tenants that live there... He has made other comments before to my friend and I, and we mentioned it but never documented it. I feel sick.

Best Answer

My sympathy. Went throu simmilar, but nothing happened.

Best Answer