I don't live i only exist because of this illness it has consumed my soul and is destroying my mind i've been delusional and rapid cycling for 3 days i'm off meds and still have hope but i know it will pass sooner or later

Best Answer

thanks for your brutal honesty. i sent my friend the 5 replies as she is struggling to accept her new diagnosis. yours had the most positive impact as she feels so desperate.

Best Answer

Meds work wonders! As long as she keeps on top of it, takes her medication, and visits a doctor regularly, there sholdnt be a problem!

Best Answer

yes they do. and they work for me since 2000. however, in her case she has been misdiagnosed from early age so medz never really worked. then the bipolar diagnosis and things got better but the voices she hears and people she sees, never went away and many psychiatrists never took this seriously till end 2011. my hope is she will find the right medication very soon as she is desperate, suicidal and feels totally out of control.

Best Answer

Hve they tried her on Sodium Valporate??? Can also be known as Epilim.

Best Answer

You have to keep going and you will be fine when you come out the other side.

Best Answer

one of the things that has kept her alive and sort of "sane", is her sheer determination to keep going. she is just having the struggle as mentioned above. thx for you reply

Best Answer

With schizoaffective disorder you just have to buckle in for a ride till you get your meds right. It has taken me a year to get on the right medication. When trying new drugs there should be changes within 2 weeks or 4 depending. If the changes are very little by 4 weeks she'll need a different drug so get a second opinion from a doctor. If she knows it's not working then she should seek a second opinion. At my worst I broke it up into small pieces like when I was on new medication I would tell myself that the meds would work and I'll be free in two weeks. Then two weeks gets there and I tell myself it just another two weeks. I would do that for all the different medications. 2 weeks of it is easier to handle then months of it. If she's suicidal she needs to be hospitalized.

Best Answer

Never quit. Ever. <br />
There is a God out there who loves you. He died for you. He gave up everything so you dont have to. He gave up everything for you. The Bible says by his stripes, we are healed. Pray until you cant possibly pray anymore. All things are possible through Christ who strengthens me. Even defeating mental illness.

Best Answer