I shiver even when I shouldn't b cold I am. When I'm in a hot sower, or in the car with the heat on high. I'm always freezing.. Also, please don't give me the lecture about how bad bulimia is for u. I understand that. Thanks again. :)
PleasedeletethisaccountEP PleasedeletethisaccountEP 70+ 7 Answers Oct 24, 2011

when your body is in a weight-loss or undernourished state, you'll feel colder. that's why homeless people are often wearing hats and coats in the summer. my weight has fluctuated a lot, and i know that when i weigh more i feel warmer.

Best Answer

I agree with everyone..probably anemia (I have the same problem). I'm also guessing you probably have very little body fat (fat keeps you warm).

Best Answer

Ignore it, it's just a symptom of anemia, which is a side effect of prolonged malnutrition obviously brought on by your bulimia. Your symptoms will worsen during your menstrual cycle as you lose blood and are unable to replace it fast enough for a lack of iron and other nutrients in your diet; however, as your cycle passes, you'll slowly return back to "normal" temperatures. Normal meaning your personal ba<x>seline which apparently, from your desc<x>ription, is anything but normal.<br />
I must state that over time, in a chronic state of bulimia, the inevitable will be secondary organ dysfunction; but I'm sure you're too smart to allow that to happen.<br />
Anemia is the most common blood disorder, but the underlying causes can be varied and in some cases even life threatening. The possibility that it's other than self induced, via your bulimia, is slim. However, it would still be wise to see your PCP about doing some blood work.<br />
Good luck.

Best Answer

Thank you. I can see you took your time writing that answer and it helps thank you :) I love this site, everyone's always so willing to help lol ;)

Best Answer

I assume you're exaggerating a bit. It's pretty normal for thin people to feel cold more easily than fat people. You might be cold at the beginning of a shower simply because you are naked. But if you are still cold at the end of a warm shower then you probably have other issues, and they are probably not caused by bulimia. Go see the doctor to make sure it isn't a hypothalamus (brain) problem.

Best Answer

more than likely, you're anemic. im anemic [and bulimic] and due my anemia i am forever cold. i cant even stand to touch myself. you should visit your GP. i have those very same symptoms. at my worst, i have to wear sweaters and double socks to bed. even in the summer, im in need of long johns under my jeans. when i visit my mother and sister, their both appalled that i need to cover up while wearing my coat when they are in tanks, no socks, and light cotton pants.

Best Answer

Exactly the same with me lol!!! Everyone in my family is wearing ts and shorts right now and I'm wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt and a winter coat!!!! Lol. Thx for ur help ill do some research on being anemic now. Thx :)

Best Answer