We have been dating for almost 5 months now. They dated for 7 months and broke up about 7 months before we started dating. He confessed that he still had lingering small amounts of feelings for her in the first month or two of our relationship but said I don't need to worry about it cuz she lives far away and has a new bf. I don't care about her availability I care about whether he is still in love with her. I talked to him about it and he said he had a hard time letting go cuz she was the first person he was serious about and he couldn't help that he met her before me. He said he thought we were a better match cuz I'm ready to settle down and so is he but she wasn't. He still acts weird when he talks about her (which isn't a lot) and I don't think they are talking right now. Do you think I should keep dating him and give him a little more time? Do you think he is over her?
Stem05 Stem05 26-30, F 1 Answer Jun 3 in Dating & Relationships

Everyone has baggage. Lingering amounts of feelings meaning what exactly... Wanting to be with someone else vs missing something comfortable and familiar are two different things. If he misses the familiarity that`s normal - BUT if he misses her & what could have been, how can he fully devote himself to you. He may say you`re better suited because you both want to settle down, I would dig deeper there. Good Luck.

Best Answer