gillian2012 gillian2012 51-55, F 4 Answers Sep 11, 2012 in Community

Depends on the single holiday - 18 - 30 I avoided like the plague as I wasn't looking for a quick fix. I did however do a walking holiday on my own where I met like minded people, it was a lot of fun and I raised money for a charity to boot. I have been to China, Spain, Turkey and France. The groups consisted of about 20 people from all over Europe and people I am still in touch with. I have also travelled far and wide on my own, which although a little scarey sometimes has been a great way of seeing the world. If I had to wait for someone to go with I would never have gone so I had to go it alone.

Best Answer

that sounds real fun , too old for the under 30 type thing but like you i wanna see a bit of the world before i get much older. Wouldnt dare to go it alone tho' , really wish i had a good pal or travel buddy to go with

Best Answer

Gillian if you haven't go a good pal or a travel buddy then the only alternative is to do what I did. There are some great organised groups out there. I found mine on the net. They sorted everything. I was a bit nervous but within less than a day I realised that we were all on our own, our guide was fantastic and I saw the real China (going through villages and even eating at a Chinese family's house!). It wasn't even that expensive. I actually prefer travelling on my own now as I don't have to consider anyone else! Selfish as it sounds it is liberating!

Best Answer

wow , wish i were 20 yrs younger tho' , am 50 now ! do you know if theres older people do this sort of thing ? i really fancy that way to travel, thanks for sharing xxxx

Best Answer

hmm, sounds like something that would be more fun with another single friend. If I'm going solo..I like to just do my own thing and wouldn't want to be involved in in a structured activity with a group on my own

Best Answer

Google "Hedonism" spa. Yahoo!

Best Answer

Oooooo , i did !!!

Best Answer

What did you think, Gillian? Do you think you might like it?

Best Answer