This has happened to me maybe 4 or 5 times over my life but not for years now. Always when I was in bed and I think just after or just as I was falling asleep. My entire body felt like pins and needles (just like when your foot falls asleep and gets that prickly feeling). The very first time it happened, it felt as though my foot was pulled on and then I felt like I was floating and I was watching myself laying on my bed. The rest of the times, I didn't get the floating feeling, just the pins and needles but it was a scary feeling and I fought to try and wake myself up, trying to pinch myself or shake myself awake. I felt as though I was pinching hard but I couldn't feel it and never had any pinch marks later so I don't think I was actually pinching myself. Eventually the pins and needles slowly went away and I woke up. It hasn't happened for about 20 years now but happened a few times when I was a teenager and once after I was married for about 2 years. Anyone experience this?
Sellry Sellry 46-50, F 8 Answers Jan 31, 2013 in Health

............pray to Jesus Christ..........of the covering of His precious blood.....then before going to bed...drink plenty of water.....before you go to bed...you pray..to God....ask God to forgive you of all your sins....then ask Jesus Christ to cover you with His precious blood....If you don't believe in God...I cannot help you....If you do I can help you...just message me.in my EP...^_^

Best Answer

Sorry, I'm agnostic so won't be following your advice. However, I do thank you for your time and for offering your thoughts and advice.

Best Answer

your welcome.....................

Best Answer

No but it sounds like a problem with your blood pressure, it´s not so rare when you are growing, your body changes. Don´t worry if you have not have that problem lately. Check your heart, if you want.

Best Answer

Ya, I'm not worried about it. It's just something I always wondered about and though with the variety and number of people here that someone possibly had heard of it or experienced it, so thought I would ask. Nah, won't get anything checked at this point but if it ever happens again, I will for sure! Thanks!

Best Answer

Sounds like LOONEY BIN time

Best Answer

hahaha...ya, that about confirms it huh?

Best Answer

I dont know if this is the same but sometimes when a part of my body is numb because I am sitting in a position that constricts blood flow, I get the 'pins and needles' poking feel while the numb area comes back to life. <br />
So maybe you could be like in a lucid dream state where your feet might be goign through this and yeah.

Best Answer

It's just like the feet thing you described but it was my entire body, very vividly. Maybe though it was something as simple at that, head turned and resting on a nerve or something. Seems to me each time I was always laying on my stomach. Thanks!

Best Answer

Sounds like an out of body experience.... without the pinching part that is

Best Answer

A few people have told me that as well which I find interesting...thanks for replying!

Best Answer

i haven't experienced it but i know people with similar experiences. i don't think it's too abnormal but it is scary.

Best Answer

Nice to know others have experienced it, thanks!

Best Answer

Sounds like sleep paralysis. It's happen to me you wake up and the rest of your body is still asleep (feels numb) and if you're lying face down it feels like someone or something is holding you down

Best Answer