TheChurchLady TheChurchLady 46-50, F 31 Answers Nov 27, 2012 in Community

Seriously? I don't think I've ever seen anyone suggest that outside of a hysterical tabloid article. Bloody hell, either celebrate Christmas or don't celebrate Christmas. And this is an atheist talking.

Best Answer

It's one of the many things that **** me off about this country these days... In america we celebrate christmass, trees are for christmass if your going to put up a tree its not a holiday tree its a ******* christmas tree.

Best Answer

I prefer it without the "f" word.

Best Answer

Na you need the "f" word its essential.

Best Answer

Make some little ornamental signs that say "CHRISTMAS TREE", and glue them to the branches.

Best Answer

I REFUSE TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT <br />
IT IS MERRY CHRISTMAS <br />
FOLLOW ALONG M-E-R-R-Y C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S.<br />
I WILL NOT BEHAVE LIKE I AM ASHAMED OF BEING A CHRISTIAN<br />
AND YOU SHOULD NOT TAKE OFFENSE TO IT. I WILL NOT BE OFFENDED IF YOU CELEBRATE KWANZA, HAUNUHKA OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS YOUR RIGHT AND MAY YOUR CELEBRATIONS BE JOYOUS

Best Answer

Time to start burning the political correct bastards at the stake. Christians have been taking **** too long. This country was founded by Christians; the rest just moved in like roaches, And you know who you are.

Best Answer

couldn't have put it better myself ! we have the same problems in England.

Best Answer

There's the Christmas spirit.

Best Answer

this country was founded by greedy capitalists who wanted to exploit it's natural resources. The puritans were a tiny percentage of the early settlers, and, for the record, they outlawed chrismas because of it's pagan beginnings.

Best Answer

That is rather aggravating. Christmas is the only holiday we put a tree in our house for, calling it a "holiday tree" is both insulting and moronic.

Best Answer

Reminds me of that "Common Era" bollocks. I don't believe in god, but I see no reason to be ashamed of the fact that a lot of our cultural heritage is rooted in Christianity, and even less reason to just pretend that it isn't by papering over the more obvious references to god.

Best Answer

it is a christmas tree,always ,always will be.

Best Answer

Pine trees were actually used originally to celebrate Yule not Christmas

Best Answer

yule get your's

Best Answer

Key word being "originally". If anyone comes up with a midwinter festival that's more fun than Christmas, and the majority of the country starts celebrating that, THEN we can start renaming things.

Best Answer

Just be glad they don't also set up an "historical no vacancy lodging scene featuring the Holiday Infant."

Best Answer

gack

Best Answer

would you stop spreading that Bill O'Reilly (pervert) talking point crap already Its still called christmas everywhere Ive been theres no war on christmas

Best Answer

shaddup

Best Answer

OK, I will bit. Why is O'Reilly now labeled a pervert? Last I heard, he was vehemently against lax child abuse laws. Did he cave on that, or something, or has he been implicated in some scandal? I don't keep on the news anymore.

Best Answer

you're getting blocked lying churchlady

Best Answer

No, it is also a Yule Tree.

Best Answer

So split the difference and call it a "Holiday Tree"? When everyone's equally unhappy with an option, that's when you know it's the fairest way to do things.

Best Answer

MORE PC CRAP..

Best Answer

Just wait until Prince Albert hears about this!!!!!!

Best Answer

I too am Sick and tired of everybody changing the names and titles of things in the name of Political Correctness, I say call a Spade a Spade. lol

Best Answer

That's ridiculous. I'm so sick of this happy Holliday sh!t. Calling it a Holliday tree is just crossing the line.

Best Answer

AMEN

Best Answer

Political correctness SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Hiding from the truth is the first mark of evil.

Best Answer

I agree, it should be a Christmas Tree, but I would never do anything for Cripes sake.

Best Answer

Roman pagans first introduced the holiday of Saturnalia, celebrated from December 17th - 25th. The Catholic church officially declared December 25th the day of christ's birth in the 4th century as an attempt to bring the pagan community into the fold. It didn't work so well, since the earliest Christmas holidays were celebrated by drinking, sexual indulgence, and singing naked in the streets (a precursor of modern caroling) - all aspects of Saturnalia. <br />
In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice was celebrated as the Great Mother Goddess gave birth to the baby Sun God. It is also called Yule, the day a huge log (the "yule log") is added to a bonfire, around which everyone would dance and sing to awaken the sun from its long winter sleep.<br />
Worshippers of the Asheira cult were recruited by the Church by sanctioning “Christmas Trees.” Pagans had long worshipped trees in the forest, bringing them into their homes and decorating them. This observance was adopted and glossed over with a Christian veneer by the Church. Both the Norse and Celtic religions considered mistletoe a sacred and powerful plant, which is why it too was adopted into the holiday. Gift giving was a traditional part of Saturnalia. It was tacked onto St. Nicholas to "Christianize" it. However, the idea of Nicholas leaving presents in childrens' stockings was co-opted from an earlier pagan goddess. Also, gifts were given on December 6th - not the 25th. It was moved to the 25th by the Catholic church, once again to draw in the pagans. <br />
December 25 is also a day on which, for hundreds of years, Jews were shamed, tortured, and murdered. <br />
The original war on Christmas was waged during the sixteenth and seventeenth century by protestant christians who believed that people needed strict rules to be religious and that any kind of merrymaking was sinful. Because of its known pagan origin, Christmas was banned by the Puritans and its observance was illegal in Massachusetts between 1659 and 1681. The Plymouth colony made celebrating Christmas a criminal offense. <br />
So, maybe you could get down off of that high horse and accept that nearly every culture has some sort of holiday that centres around the end of December, and your religion has stolen many of them. That said, I don't think it is asking too much for you to acknowledge that there are people of all faiths (and people of no faiths) that are celebrating this time of year and say "happy holidays" to them.

Best Answer

as we say in cockney rhyming slang they are having an effing giraffe its a christmas tree

Best Answer