I see little boys with their mothers in a public restroom. Understandable since the child predators. But what about daughters and their father? I'm not used to that idea. What do you think?
DranaBanana DranaBanana 18-21, F 29 Answers Jul 28, 2011

I have taken my daughter to the men's room when necessary.It's no big deal.No more so than a mother taking her son into the ladies room.It is nice when places come equiped with family washrooms,but in the event that they do not,and if mom's not there to take her,I see nothing wrong with taking my little girl into the men's restroom.Any time I have done this myself,or if I have been in a public bathroom when some one else comes in with their little girl,everyone has been quite respectful of it.Usually if any guys are at the urinals at the time,you'll see us move a few iches closer to the urinal,to ensure that the child doesn't see anything accidentally. Once in the stall,it's pretty hard to tell if you're in the men's or women's washroom any way,except in the men's room, it's more likely you'll have to wipe the seat thoroughly because some one 's pee'd on it.lol

Best Answer

I've never heard of anything but the utmost proper behavior shown in this situation either. People are always very respectful of the little girl(s).

Best Answer

The stalls is just stupid... you don't see anything anyways.<br />
And your not making your daughter go on the urinal either so it shouldn't matter.<br />
Just another silly societal thing against males really.<br />
If it's good for one, it's good for both, the urinal is just a cover up.

Best Answer

I like the idea of Parents Restrooms where either parent can feel comfortable taking their child.

Best Answer

I have no problem with it as long as there is no peeping involved. Give it a few years and those girls are going to run into the boys bathrooms anyways and giggle. How do I know? Cuz I was one lol

Best Answer

You have double standards <br />
How old is the child<br />
So you are happy for the boy to go with the mum<br />
BUT NOT happy for the girl to be with dad

Best Answer

In range of 3-5. Hey fool I never said I was HAPPY. no I see to it as being common for the mother and son but not father and daughter.

Best Answer

Think about this, the men's bathroom tends to not have stalls around the urinals, if there were a lot of other guys in there would you really want your little daughter seeing that? Or if you were one of the guys at the stall would that not feel a little weird having a little girl see that? In the woman's bathroom there are stalls blocking either way.

Best Answer

Either way their is no correct way

Best Answer

Exactly. Well I say this because my uncle has a daughter who is 4 (single parent). He hates taking her to a public resteoom because he doesn't feel comfortable. She is the one who has to use th restroom not him.

Best Answer

Womens' bathrooms have closed stalls, no urinals where they let it all hang out there for all to see. I get the discomfort some people might have with little girls in a public mens' room where there are urinals. And I would think that most men would be uncomfortable with strangers little girls watching them urinate.

Best Answer

I'm with you ned. What's the problem with taking your daughter into the mens toilets? You wait at the cubicle.. so 1.. she is safe... much safer than offloading her to some strange lady, women have been known to kidnap children and molest them too. And 2 she doesn't use the urinal so she won't see anything anyways. People need to grow up. They throw two lame things about male pedophiles and the urinal.. when both wouldn't even be an issue, because you are there. Ridiculous and in a round about way, also sexist. Hide behind your flawed logic all you want.. you just don't want a girl in the male toilets full stop.

Best Answer

I actually had a father ask me to take his 5 yr old daughter into the woman's bathroom, I guess since he saw me entering with my two daughters I was ok, yes I was a bit taken a back but I understood how he felt and gladly helped. I happen to agree, men's bathrooms do not have closed off stalls it's not something I would have wanted my daughters to see. But most places now have family bathrooms which I think is great:)

Best Answer

beats the que

Best Answer

My son just turned 7 and i try not to take him in the restroom with me...but it depends on where i am at<br />
and if i feel safe letting him go by himself.....in today's world it is not safe to take your eyes off your kids for too long....

Best Answer

With women being the ones who cary a child and give birth and all, it's just naturally a more nurturing okay type environment for a little boy to go into a womens restroom. But with a daughter going into the men's restroom, it's just too much of a bro to bro sausage fest to be comfortable enough for that. -- hey blame society but that's just one opinion.

Best Answer

I think places should start having a third bathroom altogether... the movie theatre here does... they have a male & female then third parent with child/disabled one.

Best Answer

Ya I've seen those. They should have those more at family oriented places

Best Answer

i meant they should have more of those.

Best Answer

All bathrooms should be unisex so we get over these hypocritical conventions.

Best Answer

I guess because women restrooms can be used by both the genders and men urinals are meant for males only.

Best Answer

It's not cool !

Best Answer

I hyave taken my daughter in to the mens rooms for her business before but it has to be cleaned beford i allow her in there. I don't think i'd ever go in a women restroom with her but if it's the only option then i would cause i don't feel safe for her to go in alone to many weirdos out there...

Best Answer

i wouldn't expect any child to go into a restroom on their own..a parent should always accompany them.<br />
I've never been in a men's restroom so i have no idea what a child would see if accompanied by her dad..but as a dad he'd take care what his daughter see's. Many places have family/child restroom now.

Best Answer

If I'm in the restroom, it weirds me out.

Best Answer

(your talking to me):<br />
well i talk my daughter into a cubicle...<br />
Shes not going to see men's bits....to be honest i have been going to mens rooms for almost 40 years and i have only seen it once... <br />
its not common for guys to be overt about it....<br />
Im more worried about the toilet seat...... if i can i get some liquid soap and pre clean it...<br />
Kids need to hold onto the sides!

Best Answer

I used to use the parents room, never took them into the mens...or sometimes if they were busting...I'd use the disabled one with them

Best Answer

Oh, I've seen worse than that! I saw a man holding his daughter up to the urinal so she could pee while a guy was in the stall taking a dump...

Best Answer

It's this simple, if I'm out with a small female, and she needs to go, I'll not hesitate to take her into a cubicle in the male toilets, after all, I can hardly take her into the women's rest room can I?

Best Answer