.....or are they?
SaxPower SaxPower 31-35, T 10 Answers Mar 1, 2012

The addict will hold value both in rise and fall. The falls are an incredible sight that is very painful to watch or bare witness to. I am an addict. (In recovery) I only know addicts/junkies/pirates and questionables. I love the friends I can call friends, the rest are like simply aquaintences, accomplices or hostages ...

Best Answer

I think your focus is skewed a bit. If you are wanting to get away from them, I assume you realize something about yourself, not necessarily "them". They are not worthless....perhaps you need to concentrate on you for a minute and figure out what it is you really want; all around the board or particularly in your friends. I think it would be really difficult (if this is the case) for anyone to get out of a situation and start anew if they were still hanging around the same crew. Focus on yourself and what you need to do to be happy...the rest will follow...and believe it or not, I'm sure deep down "they" know and understand why

Best Answer

As long as they are breathing, there is a chance of recovery. They are not worthless at all. However, I also owe it to myself to take care of me. My first marriage was to an alcoholic. I began attending a 12 step program for families in 1988. That 12 step program saved MY life. If you have not investigated them, you may want to consider doing so. Not for them, but for you. A dear friend of mine had a saying i love, she would say "I am NOT gonna let someone else live rent free in MY mind". The meaning? You have to take care of yourself first. Just like they tell you on an airplane with the oxygen masks.

Best Answer

they are just more detrimental than they are fun after a while - and they are just sad

Best Answer

Distancing yourself would be a good idea. I've had friends who became addicts before and I didnt shut them out completely, in fact I had to revive people twice. I would just tell them to smarten the hell up or your gone. Your not discriminating against them your looking out for yourself, which is wise.

Best Answer

No theyre not. Theyre still valuable people but they can be very dangerous depending on the addiction. So boundaries to protect yourself would seem most wise to me

Best Answer

Sounds like you are setting up boundries for your own life

Best Answer

What do you mean setting boundaries?

Best Answer

Deciding who you want to be in your life

Best Answer

Some people may not able to be around addictions because they might be addictive to things themselves, it doesnt make them a less worthy person for not wanting that around them

Best Answer