I have a MacBook already, but I don't like taking it to school all the time because I would die if something happened to it. I was thinking about getting an iPad before I started my current semester but it looked like if I bought a textbook there was no way to sell it back. My plan was to have all my books on the iPad. My major is Nursing if that makes any difference. Now that they have come out with the iPad mini I have an all new epidemic. What are some thoughts?
Mileena28 Mileena28 18-21, F 10 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in Community

personally, I thin just get a good laptop. ipads are more suitable for people in design-ish degrees (mainly to showcase portfolios).

Best Answer

no way! Textbooks are much easier to read rather than an ipad! You'll get sick of the light and textbook can't freeze.

Best Answer

depends on what your needs are.. Could be an asset.. Or just an expensive toy..

Best Answer

I use mine all the time. I can rent my books and use digital versions so I don't have to carry them everywhere. Also the digital books are cheaper. There are a bunch of different ways to get books on your ipad and it makes it so much easier to carry. Also if you would rather type your notes it is good to be able to go back and forth quickly. Some of my teachers don't allow it in the class, but only the ones that are major ***** anyway.

Best Answer

To tell you the truth, no.

Get a good lap-top.

Best Answer

i tried to use iPad trust me its **** you will need the mac for writing essays allot so take the mac and be careful on using it :D

Best Answer

Most likely, but I'd recommend something cheaper like a Nexus 7. You can work on school work on the fly and the battery life is great.

Best Answer

my kids think the screens shatter easily when dropped

Best Answer