In about a month I am going to meet my mom. I haven't seen her in 13 1/2 years. She has two kids that are 9-10. I don't know what to do what to say... she knows I'm coming but we haven't really talked about a date to meet up. And my dad and other sister don't know because my dad and I don't see eye to eye and my sister can't go yet and this is about the only time to go. Please help. I am so nervous
leekirstyn leekirstyn 18-21, F 8 Answers Feb 7 in Parenting & Family

I will have to too, some day. I've been anticipating it for many years. <br />
I would say keep it personal between you and her. The rest don't have to even know till you are ready and are sure of your stance with your mum. <br />
But you have met which is the major thing. You have a past with things to build on; they're already there. Work on that.

Best Answer

I don't think there is a correct answer for this. Just focus on what is said and don't react too hastily.<br />
Good luck, it is a difficult situation.

Best Answer

I imagine the first time you see her personally it would be hard to control yr emotions... no problem let it all out ,that is what you need.<br />
Be nice to her and just speak to her like you do with your friends...Make sure you buy some gifts for everyone in their family.<br />
Don't ask her "why has she given you up for adoption " that might really hurt coz she might be regretting her decision already.<br />
I wish you all the LUCK .

Best Answer

Thank you. I was going to buy them presents but what would I get a stepfather who I know nothing about?

Best Answer

If you know his full name search him up in facebook .may be his profile will give you an idea what he is into.
Or the safe bet would be a watch.

Best Answer

That's a curious experience, just have it and after that, write about it. I'd love to read it.

Best Answer

I was in the same position 2 years ago and honestly it all depends on her. How she acts. If she is ok and you like her, she made an effort to connect with you it will get better. Good Luck :)

Best Answer

Don't expect too much,she is just a Person,like you.

Best Answer