Both of my ears have been popping for several months but this is the first time I've gone days without hearing properly. My left ear also has what appears to be a cyst or possibly a pimple behind it. This appeared two weeks before I lost my hearing in that ear. I can still hear out of my ear, it's just muffled and there's a constant ringing noise. It's annoying and I want it gone or at least to know what it is so I don't have to spend money on a doc.
scarradine scarradine 22-25, F 12 Answers Jun 1, 2009

go to a doctor

Best Answer

Could be a build up of wax in your ear!...BUT!!<br />
G O S E E A D O C T O R!!

Best Answer

Use debox it's a wax removal It's only $5.00 bucks. However, it's not painful:)

Best Answer

I'm sorry to echo everybody else, but you need to see a doctor. I had something very similar. It was an ear infection, I was on strong antibiotics, but it still didn't clear. I ended up having to see a specialist to have the fluid suctioned out of my ear. You really shouldn't mess about with your ears - can you imagine losing the hearing completely in one ear? My father has been deaf in one ear for 30 or more years, and it's certainly no fun for him!

Best Answer

OH MY (well someones) GOD, go and see a doctor you idiot. You could be close to losing your hearing. Especially if its an infection.

Best Answer

i would imagine the cyst has a lot to do with it. it's probably putting pressure on your inner ear. you might have wax build up in your ear. it could be tinnitus. either way i'd get it checked if i was you.

Best Answer

That was not the answer she wanted but it was cute!<br />
I have had that same problem several times,you may have some fluid in the ear it's self,try to put moist med.hot compresses on it about 3 times a day,also if you are under some stress or over worked that could be the problem too.<br />
I would try that for at least 3 more days.The only other thing it could be is an inter ear infection.And if it does not get better and there is pain please do see a doctor.I hope you get better soon.<br />
Trails

Best Answer

I had this happen to me once and it was a very weird experience. What happened was I got water trapped behind some wax so it muffled all sound. Don't use a Qtip to remove it because it will only make it worse, it clears in time. Also try plugging your nose & mouth then blowing out somtimes this dislodges some of the wax deep inside.

Best Answer