Opportunity is vital! Rubbing their nose in it isn't necessary. But a pinch on the back of their neck- as their mother would do- can tell them quickly that you don't approve. And praise and reward is very important- encourages them to want to do it. And Love Love Love! But how could you not with a puppy!?

Best Answer

Just as a side note I have 2 -6 mOnth old puppies.... ^.^

Best Answer

I had a dog with the same issues so finally he would do his duty in the house I would rub his nose in it and toss him out the door, well he caught on cause after about 2 weeks he would do his duty in the house rub his own nose in it and jump through the door.

Best Answer

lol i had to read your answer 3x!

Best Answer

Im toilet Training my puppy at the moment too. Ive put some newspaper down close to the back door. If he doesnt pee on it and I catch him peeing on the floor, I first say no to the pee on the floor and then put him on the paper and pat him and I say good boy, peepee on the paper. He has started going straight to the paper and I praise him. Apparantly puppies only have short term memory, so if you find a pee on the floor that they have done a while ago there is no use in telling them off, they dont know what they have done wrong. My puppy is 8 weeks old. Have you tried looking for advice on the net? I stillhavent got the poo's under wraps yet, but he has found a certain spot in the house that he does it. I'm taking him to puppy school in a couple of weeks.

Best Answer

short term memory? that is true... thanks i'll remember that next time 8)

Best Answer

Give em back.

Best Answer

Start with paper over the whole floor. Then take a piace away each few days till there is only one piece of paper left. And a cork may help also.

Best Answer

a cork? wonder what the cork does?

Best Answer