She's got such a pretty voice, and her lyrics are so raw. Sounds like a good tear-jerker. Broken heart, rejection stuff. NOT "You Oughta Know," ok? Not angry. sad. Anybody know Alanis well enough to give a good suggestion?
TheVerticalMan TheVerticalMan 41-45, M 3 Answers Nov 30, 2012 in Music

your house

Best Answer

Wow. Powerful. Does she have something a little less... jilted?

Best Answer

hands clean

Best Answer

Thanks, I'll look that one up when I have time. Bought Your House and SImple Together this morning and when the bomb dropped they were both a big, big help. She soothed me with her words of sorrow. Liked Alanis before, love her now! Thanks much, you guys!
Poor thing.. she has a major hang-up with getting replaced, doesn't she? I wonder why?

Best Answer

you should listen to Maria Mena, she's far better than Alanis. Her lyrics are raw and will have you in tears. Listen to her songs "sorry", "where were you", "nevermind me", "miss you love", "stranger to me" and "home for Christmas"

Best Answer

Thanks, my brains are pretty scrambled right now, the blow was delivered by request and on schedule. I'll check these out when I get my head together. Right now my head is... Ludicrous gibs.

Best Answer

alright :)

Best Answer
Best Answer

Yeah, my heart sings that one over someone else. Looking for something more... one-way-love lamenting the hurt type stuff. You Oughta Know is amazingly close to feeding the pain of being abandoned for ****, believe it or not.

Best Answer
Best Answer

THAT'S more like it. Thanks!

Best Answer

no problem

Best Answer

love hurts

Best Answer

Sure that's hers? I'm picking up Cher and Sinead hits looking for lyrics on that...

Best Answer

Sorry no....its no alanis. I like ironic though. The song came to mind tho by nazareth

Best Answer

Thanks, it sounds bittersweet but I'm really in the mood to have some sadness soothed by Alanis.

Best Answer