If I lost weight when I'm depressed, I'd be a twig instead of a fat blob :(
Brody1530 Brody1530 22-25, F 13 Answers Dec 12, 2012 in Community

Don't be jealous. I'm one of those and the emotional stress and anxiety that causes it is not good. But why aren't you jealous of those who lose weight but jogging regularly? Motivation is a gift I suppose.

Best Answer

You'll feel much better and energetic if you just lose weight and get fit. It doesn't have to be hard work and no fun. I recently went on a sailing holiday and lost 7 pounds in a week depsite eating regular meals and having a few beers because I was active all day and not sitting around at home snacking. I love sailing so had such a good time I didn't even notice I was getting thinner.

Best Answer

brodybear do not dispare, be happy with your body honey, your body is what it is

Best Answer

Join the club lol.. happy or depress I always gain weight unless take time to do some excersise..

Best Answer

It's not fun. <br />
You lose your energy from not eating, you have headaches, and you sleep all the time and cry when you're awake. Your body is being so stimulated by your nerves and your stress, that your hunger gets put on the back burner and makes you ill.

Best Answer

I already have low energy and there are pills for headaches. And i sleep all the time so there's really not too much of a difference.

Best Answer

It's not healthy to lose weight while being depressed. It really isn't. I had anorexia before and it is not pretty. The cause of going through it daily was more than unbearable and the treatment was sh*t. I would never ever recommend it to anyone, at all.

Best Answer

Careful what you wish for, looking back at pictures I was just skin and bone, not a nice look actually. Always felt cold, bang into anything it was pure bone it hit and painful.

Best Answer

It's better than being as fat as i am

Best Answer

Very. When I'm depressed, which I've been for most of my life, I eat like crazy and am too sad to go out and exercise.

Best Answer

Same here

Best Answer

That's one of the few perks, I'll admit. 120 pounds and medically underweight is perhaps excessive, but I prefer it over being overweight.

Best Answer

Lucky.. I'm huge because depression makes me wana eat and sleep all day x_x

Best Answer