A restructure of thought like this sentence or question would be a good start.

Best Answer

Get professional help - it might just be a chemical imbalance in your brain, which means that the things that should trigger your happy emotions, just don't. And don't be swayed by people who say "pills are not the answer" or "just snap out of it" - they're not you, they don't have a real clue what you're feeling, and that's why they don't understand that some things can't be conquered by good old-fashioned willpower. Believe me, I know what it's like, and I felt like giving up many times, and tried almost every pill in the book before I found something that actually works and OH MY WORD is it worth it. I don't go around feeling like I'm on some kind of magical pill that makes me happy all the time - I just feel normal, I get depressed about things that should depress me, and happy about things that should make me happy. If you're not sure if you suffer from depression, do one of those online quizzes, they're a good indicator. There's no harm in trying, but it can be bad if you don't do anything: because I suffered from depression for so long without getting help (from my early teens into my mid twenties) it's actually changed my personality, and it's hard work to undo the damage, even if you are in medication, which can't change a lifetime of thought patterns. Anyway, I don't know you, so I'm just giving you general advice. I hope it helps :)<br />
Remember, depression has been stigmatized by society as a sign of weakness, but that doesn't mean that it's true. It's an honest to God medical condition, it just manifests as a mental one. There's no shame in it. Love yourself enough to get treatment, and if friends and family have something to say, tell them that you appreciate their concern, but if they really love you, they'll support you in this.

Best Answer

Get crazy ! When I get really down doing something crazy lifts me up.

Best Answer

Crazy say like...holding up a Brinks truck?

Best Answer

Off the top of your head, name three things that would make you happy. Then make a plan to achieve them. Tell yourself, by X date you will have accomplished one of them, then go and do just that. Obviously, not as easy as it sounds, but if happiness were easy to find, there wouldn't be an EP :)

Best Answer

Sounds great but if you don't achieve those goals it just makes you feel more down and depressed.

Best Answer

Nothing ventured nothing gained. If you do nothing, you're guaranteed to feel unfulfilled. If you at least try, there's a chance of success. I'd rather regret trying something and failing, than do nothing and wonder the what-if's.

Best Answer

Agreed to some extent. Depression is a hole with a very slippery slope that is far easier to slide down than climb out. Great caution needs to be taken to ensure the goals set are almost guaranteed for sucsess. Gambling a 1000$ to win only 10 is dangerous at best.

Best Answer