Did you hear that windshield breaking? lol

Best Answer

only when the cars smashed

Best Answer

I think it was actually reported as being seen broken now that I think about it further. College was a long time ago...but I did appreciate Elizabeth Loftus' work.

Best Answer

I got what you meant

Best Answer

I'm impressed with your selection of Elizabeth Loftus. She did very important work regarding eyewitness testimony and false memories, among other things. Not sure who my unconventional hero would be. Maybe Russ Feingold, former senator from Wisconsin. He was a true independent voice in the U.S. Senate, casting the only vote against the enactment of the Patriot Act.

Best Answer

good choice :)

Best Answer

Thanks :)

Best Answer

Duke Nukem.

Best Answer

No "heroes" I can think of. Closest I can think of is meeting my favorite guitarist, Leslie West, because I've loved his music for 40+ years. BTW, who is Elizabeth Loftus?

Best Answer

I would consider musicians as conventional heroes . Elizabeth Lotus change the way we think about memory.

Best Answer

I'm gonna have to google, aren't I. Had enough problems with figuring this stuff out when my cousin was acclaimed decades ago for changing how we think of AI and it looked so simple and obvious to me.

Best Answer

BTW, you said "hero", not who I think might be the most interesting to exchange ideas with

Best Answer

Just googled her, the "malleability of memory", etc. Very interesting, but a bit common sensical?

Best Answer

No one else thought of it

Best Answer

other than she made one of the most important discoveries in her field

Best Answer

She is the reason why eye witness reports are no longer considered evidence

Best Answer

They are obviously still considered evidence if you watch any trial. And anyone familiar with police procedure knows that the police know (though don't like to admit in court) that eye witness evidence is the most fallible of all evidence. Did she happen to be involved with that memory test where people were equipped with hat cameras and taken to the site of a "UFO crash" and then months later asked what they saw and pretty much every person remembered "seeing" evidence that the video showed never existed? Human memory is a fascinating thing.

Best Answer

No but I imagine she was the inspiration for that test, sounds like a more interesting version of her test. What I mean is eyewitness accounts alone are not supposed to be enough to convict someone and she is also responsible for suspect line up being double blind and throwing out a lot of Freudian theory on repressed memory.

Best Answer

Dang, Freud was discredited (except for literature studies) back when I took Psych circa 1968. She sounds interesting. But I still wonder if all that wasn't known prior to her and actually used by Police to make sure of the "correct" identification. All one has to do is get old, remember things, and then go and read letters from someone else from the time to realize memory, and the human mind, is extremely subjective. But to admit that strikes at the core of a person, because our memories ARE ourselves. BTW, i don't know how you'd google it, but there is a TV documentary about that UFO thing. Fascinating how people remembered seeing "alien debris" and even "armed guards" and then watching the video taken by the cameras they were equipped with and seeing none of it actually existed except in their memories.

Best Answer

haha, we only study Freud as a example of what poor research is now. Of course I wasn't alive then but I have been told that people were still trying to retrieve repressed memories (based on Freudian theory) back then, which loftus's experiment blew out of the water. I'll keep an eye out for the documentary. Even if it was suspected that memory could be influenced, I don't think it was enforced avoid tampering with witness memory and maybe no to the extent and how easily she discovered it so be. You would have been studying around the same time she was.

Best Answer

Memory is ALWAYS influenced. I didn't "study" it just took the courses. LOL Knew a bit about Freud through lit course, Jung through the use of his racial memory theories the same way. Always loved the concepts of Reich(?) and his orgone (orgon?) box.

Best Answer

I've actually never heard of him

Best Answer

k.w. bentley, neitzcche, tupac shakur

Best Answer