I'm meeting him for first time tomorrow for a few drinks. I haven't been on a date in a long time! What do I do? How do I not be so shy? What do I wear? Lol. It's casual date, I have trouble communicating with guys when on date! I'm too damn shy! They usually do most of the talking.
SiennaRain SiennaRain 26-30, F 16 Answers Dec 7, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Well, he asked you out, so he was so interested in you that he risked rejection. So, relax because being shy is being fearful and you have that one fear out of the way.<br />
Dress comfortably with something that flatters you. <br />
Don't over think things. Being shy I played mind games of what-if with myself, and from you question it looks like you do also, so lock that uncertain little teenager up for the night. Enjoy it that he is interested in you (you must be flattered, aren't you?) Just think that here is an interesting man who likes your company and wants to get to know me.

Best Answer

don't worry, you can not learn swimming with out single drown..

Best Answer

Take a big breath. He already likes you are you wouldnt have a date with him. Wear something cute that is comfortable. If you are comfortable, you will feel more at ease. He already knows you are shy. Let him ask you questions and you will feel better talking. If he is asking, then you will just automatically answer him, thus warming up and becoming more relaxed. DON"T order anything to eat messy. Take mints or a toothbrush..gum whatever for after the meal ...Go to the ladies room and check your teeth...You really would be embarrassed to find out you have food in your teeth...<br />
BE YOU!!! Did I say...well hell girl, he ALREADY likes you...<br />
BREATHE!! Remember to breathe and have fun!! ( I am shy as well, I understand)

Best Answer

Ohh thanks babe! That helps. I'm that shy that I turned down his dinner offer coz not comfortable to eat in front of him lol so I said drinks instead lol, thanks! X

Best Answer

I know..I am as well. I know very very well.
Painfully sometimes..

Best Answer

Treat it like its just a hook up. Don't talk about anything serious and don't get serious there's no point

Best Answer

Yeah I don't want to come across too serious, but not want to be too easy either. I'll just have fun I guess.

Best Answer

relationships are pointless and people are untrustworthy. just have fun and dont fall for anyone

Best Answer

He's probably nervous too. So .. don't worry so much.<br />
All you can do is be yourself! Wear what is flattering and comfortable. <br />
If you're uncomfortable talking .. just ask a few questions. People love to talk about themselves. <br />
He must already like you or you wouldn't be having the date. Just enjoy getting to know each other. It's probably going to be much easier than you think.<br />
Have fun!

Best Answer

Thanks Barb! :)

Best Answer

Lol damn girl I cant help you with all that. lol

Best Answer

Oh why not pal? Be good to hear what a guy thinks too

Best Answer

I can only tell you what an American man thinks. You good enough already whatever else is a bonus :)

Best Answer

Aw thanks! :) lol @ what American man thinks, interesting! I'm curious now.

Best Answer

just be your self and just pretend there one of your friends. or even more than just that... ;) lol idk if that was cheesy cause I'v never been on a date sorry. but i'm sure you will do fine.

Best Answer

Not cheesy I reckon that'll help! Thabks

Best Answer

very simple be yourself,.shy is lovley.wear something that you like,and enjoy,best of luck

Best Answer

Thanks Staire

Best Answer

Just be yourself , shy is GOOD !!!

Best Answer

I always pretend like were married and then im very comfortable. It works!

Best Answer

Haha! That's a good idea, guess it helps to make you feel comfortable when you pretend for a bit! Thanks

Best Answer

Have a glass of vodka before.

Best Answer

Or 2? Lol

Best Answer

2 short glasses might be OK, but if it is a drinking date, You may wander later, what actually happened?

Best Answer

just count 1-10 and feel confident...smile and chill

Best Answer

cocaine?

Best Answer

just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming

Best Answer