The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the turkey. I really wish we could have chicken instead. I like it a lot more than turkey.
NFDenmark NFDenmark 18-21, M 11 Answers Nov 14, 2012 in Food

I usually don't, my family is not very close...but this year I am spending some of it with some good friends so yes, I'm looking forward to it :)

Best Answer

Then cook a chicken and let everybody else eat turkey. I'm a vegetarian. I make a turkey for everybody and I cook something else for myself.

Best Answer

What do you cook for yourself?

Best Answer

Usually a stuffed pumpkin or stuffed 8-ball squash

Best Answer

Volunteer to cook the Turkey yourself or at least help in the kitchen and offer this recipe from Martha Stewart; http://www.marthastewart.com/274271/how-to-brine-a-turkey/@center/276949/everything-thanksgiving

Best Answer

Thanks. I'll be sure to suggest that. :)

Best Answer

Does your mom host a big family thanksgiving dinner or do you go to someone else's house?

Best Answer

For the past couple years I have gone over to my aunts house. My Mom doesn't do much in preparing for the Thanksgiving dinner.

Best Answer

If you make a suggestion to your aunt about how to cook the turkey that might imply that you don't like the way she cooks it and that might be rude. If you volunteer to cook it yourself because you want to help and learn how to cook she might appreciate it. Since this turkey requires over night prep you might want to make it with your mom's help at your house and bring it cooked or ready to be cooked on Thanksgiving. But get permission well in advance if you actually want to do this. She may already be shopping for turkeys so don't wait. Have you ever cooked anything before?

Best Answer

I helped my brother make banana bread. That is about it.

Best Answer

Excellent! You'll do fine. Recruit your brother if he's up for it.

Best Answer

I swore you were going to tell me that I should just "give up." I'll be sure to call him.

Best Answer

Really? That's so cool! Your family will be really impressed and will rave to you about how great your juicy 'Martha Stuart recipe' turkey tastes. No one expects guys to kick butt in the kitchen, but that's what you'll do. You have no idea how much women appreciate a man who knows his way around the kitchen.

Best Answer

Wow, thanks WizGeezer. I never thought of it like that.

Best Answer

That's long gone here in Canada

Best Answer

What do you have instead of turkey?

Best Answer

me neither. none of the people who i want to see will be here and yeah i am not a fan of turkey that much either. it's gonna be a boring thanksgiving for me:/

Best Answer

If it helps you feel any better, I hope you have the best Thanksgiving you possibly can.

Best Answer

no, but after thanksgiving is a few long days, then....... CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! :D HOORAY!!!!! ITS SSSSOOOO CLOSE!!!!

Best Answer

This Christmas is going to be great. Halo 4!

Best Answer

We had it already long time till the next one up here. I can wait.

Best Answer

Stuff a chicken then

Best Answer

I doubt that my family would want me to.

Best Answer

Just put it in the oven a couple hours later beside Big Bird

Best Answer