im in the same situation. i seem to shine at the acquaintance stage, but it never gets deeper than that. i think you might not want friends because there is a lot of maintenance attached to real ones. but its always very fulfilling to have close friends i would imagine. i havent had any since i was a little girl. so after all this time i got used to going at it alone. but someone told me once, its a numbers game. and thats true. you will have to go through a lot of people until you find one who will stick. sad thing is im so used to being alone i cant even recognize when there's a good potential friend so i push them away. so dont be like me, avoid doing that.

Best Answer

I think you hit the nail on the head! I'm not sure I'd know what to do with one if I had one! haha... Right now, my husband has all I have to offer and he really enjoys it, for sure! But, I see groups of women doing things together like eating out or shopping and I wonder what it took to be able to have that...

Best Answer

Just know that not everything is what it seems. I have some friends I go to lunch with and shop with...a couple of them I really enjoy. But there is one or 2 "friends" who seem to require much maintenience though. These women, I wish I was NOT friends with. Gossipers is what they are. And one appears to be a mean spirited jealous sneaky manipulator. I am trying to navigate my way through this while maintaining my dignity. If you can find one close friend that just loves you-and the feeling is reciprocal, you will be fine. You may have that in your hubby. :)

Best Answer

very nice! thank you for your input, bseed....I can see how that would be...thanks!

Best Answer

beleive in yourself...they'll come to you

Best Answer

It's difficult to extend beyond our comfort zone...especially if we feel we are being judged, but in order to make friends you really have to be willing to step outside of what is comfortable. Eventually, making friends will be easier.

Best Answer