I've always owned purebreds, but those poor mutts in shelters need a home.
DRW1107 DRW1107 41-45, M 5 Answers Jul 6 in Community

I have a rescue, she is so sweet and so good. Before I adopted her she had been abused. I am glad to be able to spoil her and make it up to her.

Best Answer

That's wonderful. Anytime I go to any shelter with homeless animals I always want to adopt all of them. I still feel heartbroken about not adopting an older basset hound whose owner died - Daisy always looked so sad and lonely. It felt like she was thinking "Let's go home. I'm ready to go lay in my bed now".

Best Answer

It is very hard, when I went to the shelter this one just tore at my heart. I later found out she had been there for quite a while. I believe it was just that we were meant for each other.

Best Answer

Rescue a doggy

Best Answer

Research with great care make 5 or 6 visits before you pick a shelter dog. Remember you still need to train shelter dogs!!!

Best Answer

Shelters are sad places to visit. Perfectly good pets abandoned by owners who lost interest in caring for them. Those animals seem to understand what happened to them. Most look miserable.

Best Answer