I Dream of Jeannie and Dallas is on my top 10 list of favorite programs of all time. I will always remember coming home from school, and looking forward to tuning in to I Dream of Jeannie to laugh and do my homework after. Larry Hagman was an amazing talent, and he will be missed.
Carrie7 Carrie7 51-55, F 24 Answers Nov 24, 2012 in Movies & TV

Jeannie was one of my favourite when i was young. Didn't liked dallas too much

Best Answer

I used to watch Jeannie every Saturday night. Losing Larry is a huge loss. I wonder what the Dallas reboot is going to do now?

Best Answer

I always had a hard time seeing Hagman as J.R. as I saw him as the comedic actor from I Dream of Jeannie. Was always waiting for Roger Healey to come onto the show "Dallas" and do something dumb. <br />
Anyway another TV icon from my youth now gone ... I guess that's what is great about re-runs ... people like Hagman and Andy Griffith live on forever as they once were

Best Answer

Sure, they were good shows.

Best Answer

Loved that show when I was a kid, Hagman played a good good guy as major nelson on I Dream of Jennie and All of us Boys had a crush on Barbara Eden she was such a cutie. But Hagman was even better at playing a bad guy as JR. Although I rarely watched that show, the parts of it I have seen show he made a great bad guy.

Best Answer

he was so hot in the movies he was in. i hated i dream of Jeannie, but i watched it...especially the Boyce and Hart ep. i loved Dallas until it went all about the oil business. but i started watching the new one and it is pretty good. <br />
it is weird how Bobby was dying of cancer on the show and here Larry Hagman was dying of cancer for real. i wonder if they did that on purpose?did the general public know he had cancer, cause i had no idea. but every time i saw him on screen recently...i thought "gee, i hope he doesn't die soon". and yes, i will miss him. i already had been missing him.

Best Answer

That's sad about Larry Hagman...I loved him in I dream of Jeannie.

Best Answer

Is this all for real? Will you really miss him? or do people just say these things because it is expected? Yes, I thought he did some great acting. But will I miss him? No, I won't! I never knew him, didn't even know much about him. Believe he was awesome in his feild, But Miss him? No!

Best Answer

I did the same thing, in from school and watched Jeannie. I loved his eccentricity. Flying the union flag and wearing his wacky hats. He had an amazing life.

Best Answer

Great actor... will be missed

Best Answer

I had not heard that either and I did watch both I Dream of Jeannie and Dallas.

Best Answer

I liked I Dream of Jeannie. I didn't know he'd passed away. :(

Best Answer

Yea that was sad,i enjoy i Dream of Jeannie when it's on.

Best Answer

piercin blue eyes & weird eyebrows.........i Dream of Jeannie is timeless

Best Answer

I did like I Dream of Jeannie .. but wasn't a fan of Dallas.<br />
It is sad that he passed away. But he had a great life!!

Best Answer

I watched both I dream of Genie and Dallas. I was only a little kid when i watched the retarded show I dream of Genie so at lest i have an excuse. <br />
Dallas however i was hooked on and Hagman played that Evil JR so well. He was exquisite.<br />
Who Shot JR. the most famous Who done it. of any TV show in history.

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

no one made a who killed JR joke?.. WTF ppl.. lift your game..

Best Answer

Wow I had not heard that, how old was he?

Best Answer

He was 81. (died from Cancer)

Best Answer