I Dream of Jeannie and Dallas is on my top 10 list of favorite programs of all time. I will always remember coming home from school, and looking forward to tuning in to I Dream of Jeannie to laugh and do my homework after. Larry Hagman was an amazing talent, and he will be missed.
Carrie7 Carrie7 51-55, F 24 Answers Nov 24, 2012 in Movies & TV

Jeannie was one of my favourite when i was young. Didn't liked dallas too much

Best Answer

I used to watch Jeannie every Saturday night. Losing Larry is a huge loss. I wonder what the Dallas reboot is going to do now?

Best Answer

I always had a hard time seeing Hagman as J.R. as I saw him as the comedic actor from I Dream of Jeannie. Was always waiting for Roger Healey to come onto the show "Dallas" and do something dumb.

Anyway another TV icon from my youth now gone ... I guess that's what is great about re-runs ... people like Hagman and Andy Griffith live on forever as they once were

Best Answer

Sure, they were good shows.

Best Answer

Loved that show when I was a kid, Hagman played a good good guy as major nelson on I Dream of Jennie and All of us Boys had a crush on Barbara Eden she was such a cutie. But Hagman was even better at playing a bad guy as JR. Although I rarely watched that show, the parts of it I have seen show he made a great bad guy.

Best Answer

he was so hot in the movies he was in. i hated i dream of Jeannie, but i watched it...especially the Boyce and Hart ep. i loved Dallas until it went all about the oil business. but i started watching the new one and it is pretty good.

it is weird how Bobby was dying of cancer on the show and here Larry Hagman was dying of cancer for real. i wonder if they did that on purpose?did the general public know he had cancer, cause i had no idea. but every time i saw him on screen recently...i thought "gee, i hope he doesn't die soon". and yes, i will miss him. i already had been missing him.

Best Answer

That's sad about Larry Hagman...I loved him in I dream of Jeannie.

Best Answer

Is this all for real? Will you really miss him? or do people just say these things because it is expected? Yes, I thought he did some great acting. But will I miss him? No, I won't! I never knew him, didn't even know much about him. Believe he was awesome in his feild, But Miss him? No!

Best Answer

I did the same thing, in from school and watched Jeannie. I loved his eccentricity. Flying the union flag and wearing his wacky hats. He had an amazing life.

Best Answer

Great actor... will be missed

Best Answer

I had not heard that either and I did watch both I Dream of Jeannie and Dallas.

Best Answer

I liked I Dream of Jeannie. I didn't know he'd passed away. :(

Best Answer

Yea that was sad,i enjoy i Dream of Jeannie when it's on.

Best Answer

piercin blue eyes & weird eyebrows.........i Dream of Jeannie is timeless

Best Answer

Yep, used to watch Dallas with my family on the french channel in Switzerland, when I was a teenager...

Best Answer

I did like I Dream of Jeannie .. but wasn't a fan of Dallas.

It is sad that he passed away. But he had a great life!!

Best Answer

I watched both I dream of Genie and Dallas. I was only a little kid when i watched the retarded show I dream of Genie so at lest i have an excuse.

Dallas however i was hooked on and Hagman played that Evil JR so well. He was exquisite.

Who Shot JR. the most famous Who done it. of any TV show in history.

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

no one made a who killed JR joke?.. WTF ppl.. lift your game..

Best Answer

Wow I had not heard that, how old was he?

Best Answer

He was 81. (died from Cancer)

Best Answer