dont take this personally but i think youre cutting yourself short if youre choosing a career just for the money.

Best Answer

I just retired from the Gov. DOD, I have worked with some folks from DOE and they all have seemed pretty OK. What are your questions specifically?<br />
One thing, if you had military service, your time could count.<br />
Use the education benefits<br />
Get in, learn the rules, step up when looking for help, get on your job as soon as you get there.<br />
I wouldn't worry about being German, they hire us Irish too.<br />
Drop me a line if you want to chat about it, white board or regular message.

Best Answer

There have been three accident with in the last year. Meaning radiation, uranium. Some new upper management told these rad techs it would be okay to open the metal case. It wasn't a good outcome.
How much of risk am I putting myself in to work with Uranium and radiaiton. Our main job is to scan for radiation for things have been buried for sometime.

Best Answer

I don't know. Maybe I'm just being paranoid with the last three accidents that occured. You should look up Idaho Dept of Energy recent accidents. Then tell me what you think?

Best Answer

According to reports, the capsule has been opened numerous times in the past with no ill effects, this time, speculation is that maybe the internal vessel may have a leak.

Best Answer

There have only been 3 fatalities at the Idaho facility and that was in 61. I can understand why you would have concern, but, if those guys had had an inspector to test, maybe it would not have happened. I all other dealings with the nuke side of the gov, I find it difficult to understand how or why they would not have someone there unless these budget cuts are getting to them also. I have not seen where anything has been published yet.

Best Answer

government jobs are great - you will always get a paycheck, you get lots of holidays, you get leave time, and the hours usually aren't that long. Oh, and then there's the insurance and the retirement benefits. Good stuff.

Best Answer

Yes, I totally agree. But I know there's things you have to be very careful about.

Best Answer

You have to be careful about things wherever you go.

Best Answer

be a conformist for the pay and an anarchist in your mind ..

Best Answer