many people (not all) feel it's OK to make cruel comments about obese people. how can this be justified?
robyn robyn 51-55, F 19 Answers Nov 27, 2009

Oh robyn, I'm in complete shock myself. I had no idea people could be so ugly to another person just because of their looks. Looks really don't mean squat when you're hateful, do they?

Best Answer

i think that people who make harsh comments about another's weight-- or other characteristic-- for that matter, need to get off their high horse and start focusing on improving their own selves. it's not anyone's business what weight you or anyone else wants to be. if someone gives an excuse-- "oh, it's for health reasons-- i would say to them: leave it to the doctors to have health concerns. just accept people for who they are. "live and let live".

Best Answer

What's that fatso????

Best Answer

It is NOT always a problem that they can change.... to all of you who say it's their fault they can change it blah blah blah. Some people can but some can't, hypothyroidism can make a person obese no matter how they eat or exercise. And don;t you think that the people who CAN change it could do so easier if they were being encouraged instead of constantly put down and tormented. Sometimes its hard to be motivated to do anything if you are depressed with a low self esteem.... not saying its an excuse BUT it does make sense, and for those of you who have never had depression, it is hard to get motivated to do ANYTHING let alone change your entire life! That being said, obese people aren't the only ones being made fun of.... it doesn't matter what shape you are, there is always someone to critisize you for the way you look!!! I am 5 foot 8 aand weigh 110 pounds... the shape of a runway model, and I was always called anorexic, bulemic, etc... and I have never had an eating disorder of any kind, in fact would like to put some pounds on and just can't no matter how hard I try.... soooo it goes both ways actually!

Best Answer

leave the Chubbies Alone.

Best Answer

Ignorance! Plain and simple....that, mixed with immaturity.

Best Answer

No it is cruel. Some of the most energetic lovely people I have known in my life were obese, and hard-working too.

Best Answer

Everybody is different.

Some people don't have a tolerance for fat people because it ussually means they are lazy and eat alot and then complain about their lives.

Other people feel sorry for their illness.

Some people find really fat people attractive.

Some could'nt care less.

But you have 2 understand why some people have issues with fat people. We are all different and we all have our limits.

If you are obese, try harder for yourself, dont feel sorry 4 yourself or be happy the way you are. It's their own fault wether they believe so or not

Best Answer

IS MR. BUSH OBESE?

Best Answer

No, Someone in my family eats very little and is very active but has a thyroid problem and cannot loose weight no matter what. The most special person you could ever meet.

Best Answer

Obesity is like any other mental or physical illness. If you have it, you need to make accommodations- and so do the other people in your life. Would you reject a teacher in a wheelchair?

Best Answer

in some cases it is appropriate but if you say stuff like (what i say to my friends) if you lost like 5 pounds youd look so kool --no kidding it makes you feel better and them get motivated. obese people are totally in controll of there eating habits and if they set there minds to it they could get fit. also if you feel good you look good and nobody really cares if your fat if you are friends with them.

Best Answer

hey, all i said was that if you're so fat that you can't walk down the hall to your classroom on time without sweat soaking your clothes and hair then perhaps you shouldn't be a teacher (we actually had a teacher who was so obese that he was like that... he couldn't walk to class on time b/c he walked so slow and when he tried to speed up to get in on time he would sweat profusely)

Best Answer