Could you explain how taking medicine is a moral issue? I am honestly curious.

Best Answer

its not natural. medicine is something i refuse to rely on

Best Answer

I would agree that medicines should be used with caution and only when absolutely necessary. As far as natural, opium, aspirin, and psychedelic mushrooms are all "natural" and will make you feel better - for a while. ... About every ten years, a child dies in America from an infection that could have been easily treated by antibiotics. The parents claim their faith (morality) forbids the use of medicines. I can't imagine letting my child suffer and die when help is a bottle of relatively safe and effective pills away. ..... The real issue is, what medications will do the most good with the fewest side effects. I avoid medications that are unproven or that have side effects way out of proportion to the benefits. I consider that prudent. Avoiding them just for the sake of not doing something that is not "natural" is not a responsible choice. Be an informed consumer, but please don't be foolish with your health or life.

Best Answer

Smallpox is natural. Dying from blood poisoning developed from an insect bite is natural. That's why we have medicine--to avoid the natural.

Best Answer

Oddly, most medicines come from very natural sources . . .the same stuff as in the homeopathic remedies. However, the FDA regulates medicine so you have some guaranty of quality and purity. Frankly, you are way too young and uninformed to make that decision.

Best Answer

k yeah. but as far as i know i'm not dying so if i want a natural remedy thats up to me. i'm not crazy. i'll get a vaccination if it helps but i won't take painkillers just for a headache aor peptobismol cuz my tummy hurts

Best Answer

as far as i know i am not dying. if i were i might take medicine. but since its not that serious some natural suggestions are appreciated

Best Answer

Any natural health food store would be happy to make suggestions. There are probably web sites that also provide information. I would strongly caution you to make sure the "natural" solution is natural. Natural cures from Asia are regularly found to contain mercury, because mercury has been used in Asian medicine for thousands of years. Know what you are taking and where it came from. Wishing you good health.

Best Answer

Medicine is the consentraited, versions of the more natural homiopathic's active ingredients, some freely choose to take.
Heavens forbid, you end up in need, of say a pain killer, from a spill or accident...You can just say to the emergecy staff, if you can."ohh no ty, its not natural."

Best Answer

i'd rather ask them to put a bullet in my head. if you aren't going to be helpful. don't say anything

Best Answer

good old fashioned remedies tried and tested. Sore throat. slice onion rings place in a saucer and pour honey over the top cover and let stand for half hr. The honey draws in all the onion juices and pout this into a little cup sip as often as necessary. I would suggest you actually eat the onion aswell.<br />
Gargle with a strong salt salution better than any bought gargle.<br />
I swear by this and have it each am in the winter to keep away the flu.<br />
1 table spoon applecider vinegar 1 tablespoons honey few drops of lemon juice and a quarter of a teaspoon of crushed garlic and ginger 4 sprigs of mint stir all together and let it stand for a few minutes. Drink hot as you can and eat everything that is left at the bottom. Totally natural and works.

Best Answer

God made the herbs of the field, and he's the one that put the medicinal qualities in them. so how can it be wrong, if you only use them to heal your body, and not to destroy it ? personally, I'm doing all that I can to learn natural medicine, as well as preventative medicine. I've not been really sick in over two years. last time I started to get a sore throat, I started gargling raw cider vinegar several times a day, and it went away fast. I did take a pharmacudical antihystimine, but I suppose if I study it out, I could find a natural version of that too.

Best Answer

Sounds as though you need more rest and lots of water. Headaches are often a sign of dehydration.

Best Answer

Zinc tablets. It's not drugs.

Best Answer

Shot of whiskey and a hot bath

Best Answer

take the "chinese" medicines ^^

Best Answer

one word. marijuana. lowers the blood pressure to relieve headaches, relieves nasal swelling ( at least for me) if i blow it out of my nose i will sneeze and it clears my airways. coughing it only worsens, so if u have a bad cough u must not smoke anything.

Best Answer

Sleep, mint tea (to help with congestion) and daily showers/baths (to make sure you aren't recontaminating yourself).

Best Answer

Eat lots of orange, drink tea. No drugs? Wow, what planet are you from? Drugs bonds us all to the earth. The green is a mean remedy and it's all natural.

Best Answer

Child, take your medicine. There is no moral difference between "medicine" and "natural remedies" other than you're more likely to survive if you take actual medicines which will do you some good.

Best Answer

ha survive! i want the suffering to stop. its not like i'm gonna die.

Best Answer

That was a generalization--but why would you thin some "natural remedy" would work better than real medicine?

Best Answer

not that it works better. just has to be good enough without being some pill or goo that i have to force into me

Best Answer

So, chew a plant from the front yard?

Best Answer

lol. its winter. there are no plants

Best Answer

Take your pills young lady , read the directions and get some rest along with a proper diet and exercise and you wont have to face these moral dilemas so often . Get well soon sweetheart .

Best Answer

Morality has nothing to do with it. Better to hate the Medicine and make yourself sick.

Best Answer

well what is your sickness.....If it's cold or flu take zinc. Any meds that make your cold go away faster just pile on the zinc. And buy organic. It works better.

Best Answer