My daughter is sixteen and I will only let her date under certain conditions. First, she is not allowed to ride in cars driven by other teenagers. Second, I have to meet her date and I want to know wher they are going, how they are planning to get there and back, who they are going with and what time they will get back. Then there are the rules; no drinking, no smoking, and no sex. At eighteen all of the above conditions are removed. My older daughter survived this aid so has her boyfriend. They are still together and she is 20.

Best Answer

Mom is hoping you have better judgment at 18 -- at 16 boyfriends are cool, and unstable. They don't really know what they want, except sex experiment, which you think makes you grown up and so cool, then you're pregnant, or have a disease, then they say it's not mine and leave you, spread rumors you're a s*ut, ska*k, and you sit at home alone, wondering why, scared to tell anyone how dumb you have been believing he cared. Thinking a baby is oh so cute and will always love me. Reality does not set in. Your future is now burdened with things you shouldn't have to worry about until you're much older. This is what she's afraid of. You should be too.

Best Answer

Good. listen to your mother. you don't wannaa end up like some girls who date so early

Best Answer

21....but only with a chapperone

Best Answer

I don't think it is about age, I think it is about emotional maturity. Your mother might be in the right here, I could never know, but it seems to me that she is only look out for your best interests.

Best Answer

i think u should talk it over with your Mom

Best Answer

i honestly had the same problem and all of you are answering from a parents perspective i honestly think you should first make sure your parents are serious when they say that alot of people kid when they say that if they are ask them why and if you dont like the answer tell them so in a respectful way and tell them why you dont like it (has to be a reason they will understand rather that"i really like them though!") and if they are one of those stubborn parents and never listen to you no matter what you say just pass her off as a friend in front of your mother youl hang out and get to go places.(just be careful about it)

Best Answer

Build a track record of responsibility. If you're allowed to go out with friends, come home on time and check in during the night. Let her know she can trust you to do the right thing, even when she isn't watching. Let her know you understand she worries about you. Be open with her about what you want from dating--is it just to have a close friend who you can spend time with? Invite the boy over for dinner with your mom so she can get to know him, even better, find a way for her to get to know his parents too. Once you have been able to build trust and understanding, she may come around. If not, you have to understand that she's looking out for you, that's what mom's do. If you go behind her back with your boyfriend, you'll have a hard time gaining her trust and may make things more difficult for yourself. Best wishes.

Best Answer

Sweetie, You have all our sympathy. It's hard to sit home while your friends are out dating. However, if that's her rule, you'll have to learn to find things you enjoy to make the most of it. Try to show her how responsible you are, help clean, laundry, have her teach you to cook--this could come in handy when you are dating. You can impress your dating with cooking skills.

Best Answer

Just don't have sex and end up with a baby and then you won't have any more fun. You'll be stuck at home watching the baby when everyone else is out having fun.

Best Answer