Not to prove or confirm who, what and how thing's were created.... we have science to tell us how thing's are connected.... But rather to have some sort of primal belief in something higher than us selves... That's it.... I think some people has to have that. Needs to have something or someone to submit to...
Minimaxhall Minimaxhall 26-30, M 9 Answers Mar 23 in Community

I agree that introspective people have an innate need to believe there is something/someone much greater than themselves and those around them and it is quite natural. I also think it's a good thing there are people who believe in God in a healthy way (which pretty much doesn't include organized religion) and true spirituality can resolve issues with things like emotion and sanity.

Best Answer

I totally respect a person's need for a belief system whatever that is. It gives people something to help them make sense of their world and provides enrichment and guidance of how to live with one another.

Best Answer

To find comfort.

Best Answer

Great topic and some great responses.

Best Answer

Gee thanks! :D And I agree.. This one really took of :P lol... ;)

Best Answer

what if science and religion are connected to each other and we just dont know the real story of beginning of life

Best Answer

Sure, what if's are my favorites :P

Best Answer

what if threeSOUL is an angel disguising as normal human

Best Answer

I read once that they actually are connected.

Best Answer

Can you pls tell me the name of the book or the site! Thanks!!

Best Answer

I agree it is a Belief in something higher than ourselves......a unknown entity

Best Answer

Correct, it's a gamble really, based on some sort of emotion or way of thinking.

Best Answer

Everyone needs something to help them make sense of the world.

Best Answer

and staley...I've read stuff about people dying and seeing the light etc.....literature tells us there is something higher, though it is all a bit vague

Best Answer

Iv'e read much of the same, but I think thees light seer's, might be christian or had a belief in that direction beforehand, meaning that if you believe in god, heaven and all that, your brain might start feeding you what you want when such a situation occurs... I think that not everyone sees the light, man if you believe in unicorns and rainbows, you might see stuff towards that when you die.... :P And if that's how it works, well than not everyone will go to "heaven" in the end than.. :P But will go to where they want in a sense, or not what they want, but merely where they think/feel... :) Than we humans would be awesome creatures if it was like that xD, don't take me wrong, we are awesome creatures anyway, just that not all humans behave awesomely.. :P

Best Answer

Understanding the world and how we interconnect is huge. That's why people need belief.

Best Answer

I agree totally. But that "belief" has to be correct than no? Or else it's not appropriate to apply it? And if people have different belief's, than it's important to understand where different beliefs have their truths, there are many way's to skin a bear right? Or how ever that saying goes, there is more than one way to.... ect...?

Best Answer

Literature comes from thoughts - great philosophers, sometimes not so great. If you're ever in the mood for some 'back up-able" (just made that word up lol) theory on all of that stuff there is a Pulitzer Prize winning book written by Dr Carl Sagan who was a physicist, astronomer and educator. The book is called "The Dragons of Eden: Speculations on the Evolution of Human Intelligence". and combines the fields of anthropology, evolutionary biology, psychology, and computer science to give a perspective of how human intelligence evolved. It's very readable, not above anyone's head because Carl Sagan came from an ordinary background but had a phenomenal brain and made a great contribution to human knowledge. He died of cancer several years ago, but I wish I could have met him.

Best Answer

*Look him up on the web, he did the ABC series "Cosmos".

Best Answer

and people like the idea of good people being rewarded and bad people going to hell.
religion makes people arrogant because they believe that they have chosen the right religion and everybody else is wrong and it makes them feel superior.
religion is the manifestation of superiority.
great question by the way :)

Best Answer

Insane! lol

Best Answer

Sometimes I need that higher power to believe otherwise I would kill someone

Best Answer

I think you are not alone in that, many people kill because of that higher power and many people needs that higher people to live....

I don't mind, I wont meddle nor take part in that.... People can do, think and believe what ever they like, as long as they don't go and hurt or ruin for other people.

Best Answer

"need's that higher POWER* to live" not people... lol typoo... sorry..

Best Answer