ChipmunkErnie ChipmunkErnie 61-65, M 18 Answers Oct 10, 2012 in Hobbies

Not really, I think that's a gross exaggeration. More to the point, it's a lazy and deliberately inflammatory argument -- you're not saying why the group you're talking about (or the Taliban, for that matter) is bad, you're just saying "everyone agrees the Taliban are bad, right? Well these guys are the same as them."

Best Answer

Best response to a foolish question.

Best Answer

Worse typical non-thinking response to a serious question and lacking historical perpective

Best Answer

No-one said it wasn't a serious question. I said it was lazy and inflammatory, and jatpack said it was foolish. If you want to draw parallels between the history of those groups, go ahead, but just saying the two groups "equate" isn't enough.

Best Answer

Even the most extreme of views can find people ignorant enough to support it somewhere. I find your comparison grotesquely misrepresentative and reliant on nothing more than bigotry, exaggeration and sensationalism.

Best Answer

Damn, when I read your first sentence you were in the lead for best answer.

Best Answer

Damn my views :(

Best Answer

Well Ernie when some priest douses a girl with gasoline and cuts off her nose then sets her on fire.....then I may agree with you.

Best Answer

Does Christian God told me to cook the kid in the microwave count? Been done, you know

Best Answer

Publicly ? Over and over?

Best Answer

Been done without the justification of the Bible and Christian teachings, was not claimed to be representative of Christian teachings and was not done repeatedly.

Best Answer

I can equate the shape of a Baby Ruth candy bar to that of a dog turd too but that don't mean anything and neither does your statement. :P Go ahead,........make some actual comparisons. Make a list. Go ahead. After I get home I'll check and see what you have come up with.

Best Answer

Nah...too easy to make a bad joke

Best Answer

I'm dissapointed. I log back on and guess what? Ya' ain't got nothin'.

Best Answer

I see no humor and no moral equivalence between the Christian Right, which resorts to rhetoric, and the Taliban, which resorts to terrorism, murder, mutilation, IEDs, honor killings, shooting 14 year old girls in the head because they want an education, stoning women because they were so brazen as to have been raped without the benefit of three witnesses, and so forth -- but then I am not some chubby-cheeked rodent with a brain the size of a large Lima Bean.

Best Answer

The most rightward of the Christian Right was Jerry Falwell. His Liberty University was coeducational all along, and his wife and daughter both got advanced degrees there, one or both in law.

Best Answer

I'll admit that when "Love your neighbor as yourself" equates to terrorism.

Best Answer

That is a monstously bigoted notion. I have seen this kind of bigotry from you before when you tried to blame the two attacks on Sikhs in the US on "Christians" when we have nothing connecting those attacks to Christianity and for all we know the people who did them might even have been Jews. <br />
I would be more justified in likening left-wing chipmunks to Bolsheviks who reveled in massacring people by the millions.

Best Answer

There are zealots in every religion. They may not be as widespread in the media as the muslims but it happens. Christianity is far from innocent.

Best Answer

Yes all forms of fundamentalism are forms of terrorism ba<x>sed on fear of difference and a total lack of love and understanding. People who are sure that they are totally right are always wrong.

Best Answer

Very enlightening conversation.

Best Answer

I have had this conversation with other people. You know how back in the 80's they started that "moral majority" campaign (note no capital letters for lack of respect)? What those people realized was that they were actually running people away from their group. Instead of stepping back to assess what was going on, the leaders became obsessed with making everybody else think the same way they do. That has finally evolved to where we are now. Those leaders and their followers have been exposed as nothing more than childish boors that are used to getting their way and have now resorted to bullying. Either you are one of them and do/act as they say or they will turn against you. Christian Right or Taliban position?

Best Answer

"Moral Majority" is older, or maybe it was "Silent"-- the call for the minority to justify their domination of the majority-- I think to Nixon when he had plans for mass arrests being held in RFK Stadium. It was a way of claiming support when you didn't actually have it. Semantics

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

I agree, they're just getting more and more theocratic and willfully ignorant.<br />
Just look at artattack's blatant ignorance in his question about 60 minutes.

Best Answer