I have been thinking about doing this for a while and am not sure what way I want to go. I mainly want to do this for health reasons but I am also against animal creualty which is a plus for doing this as well. My main issues are I don't know what is acceptable to eat as far as grains and stuff and where to find them. Can I find stuff I need online and where are good places I can go online to find stuff I need that I can't find locally (I live in a small rural town and my grocery store doesn't carry a lot of vegetarian stuff)? Any resources as well would be good too.
bluefireball4949 bluefireball4949 36-40, M 9 Answers Apr 8 in Doing Good

Veganism straight up does not make sense. I have never heard nor conceived of a reason for being vegan that did not provide a better reason for being vegetarian instead. If you choose either, choose vegetarianism.

Best Answer

Look up on the internet and in cook books for some good recipes. Actually vegetarian meals are very nice. Not that I am vegetarian, I eat vegetarian about 5 times a week usually coz veggies are good for you. Tho becoming vegan is gonna be hard since heaps of stuff contains animal products even the replacement stuff. Things like milk should be easy to replace with things like soy, coconut, rice or almond milk. If you can't get alot of vegetarian stuff consider making food yourself. Like cooking for dinner using what you know is vegetarian or making salads...

Best Answer

I decided that I am going to start becoming a vegetarian and want to give up eating meat. What is better to do, give up meat just totally cold turkey or did you give up meat in stages? Do you ever get cravings for meat now you are a vegetarian? What are some of your favorite vegetarian meals?

Best Answer

I'm not vegetarian. I love my dead cow too much. I just reduce my meat and have it only 2 days a week. Soups are good. Vegetable soups are easy as well. Stirfrys too. Adding nuts to stirfrys more than adds the flavour you may miss. Veggie burgers with patatoe as the patty can be nice but kinda hard if you don't bind it well. Vegetarian pizza with red onion, mushroom, capsicum and such is good. Easy as to make. The mushroom is a good substitute for meat flavour.

Best Answer

Message me if you want some in detail. It's too long to post most here.

Best Answer

I'm starting to prepare to try to make a go at being a vegetarian. I was at the grocery store today and bought dried split peas, lentils, dried lima beans, other assorted dried beans, some different types of pasta, pasta sauce, and some other fruits and vegetables as I am going to try juicing. I live in a small town so there was stuff I could not find like seitan, quinoa and tofu. My store also has a small amount of mock meats as well so I got some of them too. I'm also going to try to cut dairy from my diet as well. Do you know of any good websites I can go to, to get the stuff I could not find? I am also now giving up meat. Havent had any today so I guess today is the start of my meatless journey.

As for messaging me, please do. Any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

Best Answer

legumes,rice,grains,vegetables,veg oil,nuts,milk products,

Best Answer

If you want to be a vegetarian or vegan you must take vitamin B12 supplements because it is only found in animal products. You also need a lot of nuts and legumes. Good luck.

Best Answer

Bug killer.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Quit eating meat.

Best Answer