I highly recommend it. I had a female friend who is active duty Army teach me a few things and I was amazed at how much more confidence I found in just a little bit of knowledge. She taught me that self defense is not about size, it's about keeping a cool head and knowing HOW to defend yourself! I miss her!

Best Answer

Go for it, and hope you never have to use what you learn.

Best Answer

I say go for it! I used to take Muay Thai lessons.

Best Answer

I've been trained in Judo, wrestling, and a bit of Aikido. I definitely recommend it. Walk at night without fear, gain confidence, and of course, whup up on someone trying to hurt you. Knowing what you are capable of is a huge ego boost.

Best Answer

I'm not worried about no gun probably should but I'm more worried about my abusive father showing up one day.

Best Answer

Ive got seven years experience as a bouncer and security. People have put guns in my face before and I'm still here. People are afraid of guns, but really, you have to be hit in the right place to be killed faster then help can arrive.

Best Answer

I haven't and would also like to take some lessons.

Best Answer

Hell yes, did kickboxing & other martial arts for years. It's good to feel strong. :o)

Best Answer

I started with a self defense class.......then went on to take 5 years of mixed martial arts. Its the best thing that ever happened to me! I hope u decide to take it. And enjoy.

Best Answer

If you are thinking about it.... do it! Something inside is telling you to learn how to protect yourself. It could be the best decision you ever make. Good for self confidence and to keep in shape. Good luck.

Best Answer

Kind of. We had a self-defense week in my high school PE class. The guy teaching it was super extreme. We taught us to react to being mugged by yelling at the mugger, doing a fancy backflip, and kicking them in the ribs.

Best Answer