Since most of the unaccompanied visitors to the Philippines are male, i think they would like the idea of having female tourguides and drivers. If the guy wants to go it solo, he could, but if he would like to have a dinner companion, he has one readily available, and she can tell him about the area, and plan side trips to the beach or wherever. Please don't make childish comments about things that are not part of a legit tour-guide service. It would be appreciated, cause this is a serious question.
NekkidFilipina NekkidFilipina 22-25, F 7 Answers Nov 30, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Two things about your idea. They need two qualifications as tour guides. Being able to get along with people , being patient and helpful. Second being resourceful and well informed and at least speaking proper English. I think you need both sexes. Some man may feel uneasy about some women being judgmental or plain greedy. The other thing is if you as a person can handle male personal at all ?

Best Answer

All comments above are to be considered fir sure, especially, the one from Dragon1464. When you run a business, the main objectives are easy to address.. N the idea sounds great with all the reasons you have in mind. Please make sure, you have right logistics, legality, back up plan for worst situations. I mean you must have cleR idea and plan for all points,dragon1464 has pointed out...

Great idea..but needs a thought from all angle and shild it to make that into practical...

Best Answer

I think it is good idea. There are few reasons to it. Women are generally assumed to be more cultured and hence would be preferred. Not only solo tourists but even the family would prefer a woman guide because they would feel comfortable with women. And lastly women are considered genuine as compared to men(this is not a biased comment but my humble opinion) So I would say go for it. This would work if you hire some professional, cultured and above all knowledgeable and resourceful women tour guides. Best of Luck.

Best Answer

I'll be honest, I hadn't thought about the angle of the families who might be more comfortable with their children when the tour-guide is female. It's an added bonus.

Best Answer

a thought to consider would have to be security for your staff. As a man who has worked in security and done a lot of reading about travel and single men who travel, then you have to consider what is the psychological make up of the "male", while most will probably simply accept the tour-guide in an as is acceptance mode. Some may have less noble, even criminal intent. If you team a woman tour guide with a male driver, the less noble idiot male, will be given a "Stop and keep your hands to your self" message by the male drivers mere presence.

Also consider if a woman is compromised (something you hate to think about), what are going to be your personal legal responsibilities as the owner who facilitated that meeting between your femal tour guide, and now victem of the idiot male.

Don't want to dampen your business enthusiasm, just want to open your eyes to real potential threats. That can not only hurt your business, but can cause business failure if they are not anticipated. Not even going to go into the psychological, legal, and other potential issues on this, but in your business plan thinking you should.

Best Answer

No doubt about that. I would make sure each visitor signed a form stating that they were totally aware of the fact that the tourguides are just that, and not bar-girls with other services available. I think a handy reminder too, would be to put on the form they sign, a reminder that rape in the Philippines is a Capital Offense. Hopefully the thought of the death penalty would at least Hamper some of the hormonal thoughts!

Best Answer

Just a few thoughts, security minded. I am a male, who often read's about sex, and deviancy because it was in part of the degree I perused in college, sociology. And to be honest, it is a natural thought for most people. With that in mind, if you look at many of the single men's travel sites and disclosures, Philippines rates high on "Places to Go" while the city you are reporting in, I have never read about, there are a number that are. I hope you find a good balance here. I have been in business for many years, and this last run was devastating for business banking reasons, not because of the nature of your concern, but that in general business is working through the land mine field and there are many concerns. The one I mentioned just seems to me, from what I have read and where you are trying to go is something you need to think about.
ps. thank you for the friend invitation. I wish you well on your venture, and don't forget to remember once you are going, to burry some for a rainy day. If you wish to talk about business please feel free to write private.

Best Answer

A prudent entrepreneur hires the most qualified people whether it be all male, all female or a mixture depends on which candidates would best suit your needs.

Best Answer

Don't get me wrong, I see your point, but in this case, I'm really focusing on a more limited target market. Specialization is as valid a marketing tool as targeting the entire market. Kinda like how Hooters doesn't hire a lot of guys... another consideration for me at this point, is having a "hook", meaning something that makes my service "different" from all the others out there.

Best Answer

Well it would do but all the females in the group should be smart enough and shouldn't get bogged down by the tourists

Best Answer

Yeah, I'm thinking focus on ones who are almost fluent in English... and educated.

Best Answer

Yes it will work well as women are more softer than men and they can explain in detail,ill say consider it if its already drafted.

Best Answer

It's just in the thinking about it stage right now. I know it would take a lot of work and a business plan.

Best Answer