6:37am where I am. I stayed up all night. Serious answers please.
Desolatebones Desolatebones 18-21, M 29 Answers Apr 14, 2012

keep glaring at the computer screen until you doze off.. lol Works for me occasionally

Best Answer

I'm on my smartphone. Seriously though.

Best Answer

awwwww...you want me to put you to sleep with the little fishes..

Best Answer

Seriously guys.

Best Answer

ok,try this :open a window,get some cold air and when you start to feel cold,get under the blanket.As you start to warm up,sleep will come to you.It works for me

Best Answer

Thank you. :-)

Best Answer

you're welcome

Best Answer

1) watch a movie you've seen already/aren't interested in<br />
2) try reading a book. When your eyes start drooping, try to sleep<br />
3) Get up for an hour and then return to bed<br />
4) count down from one hundred by threes<br />
5) Clench and unclench every muscle in your body<br />
6) put yourself in an imaginary scenario and live it out, completely ignoring your real body<br />
7) If you feel even remotely tired, get comfy and make yourself not move for at least an hour<br />
8) If you do not feel tired and have literally tried everything, get up and do something productive. You aren't going to get sleep tonight.

Best Answer

Try Klonapin, also known generically as clonazepam.... 2 milligrams of that stuff will KNOCK YOU OUT for 7-8 hours. It's a commonly prescribed anti-anxiety medication that's cheap (Buy it from canadapharmacy.com, if you don't have insurance.),and VERY effective. <br />
I HATE suggesting drugs for problem-solving, but it sounds to me like you need to get some sleep before you start tackling the issues that must be bugging you. Once you get some rest, you can make a list of whatever is making your life miserable,and start eliminating those issues one at a time.... until you can sleep without medication. Whatever is bothering you isn't 'the end of the world' because the world is what you make it... You're obviously intelligent enough to have figured this out by now. <br />
You can go to a 'free clinic' and claim an anxiety problem, and request this drug... It REALLY works,and it's relatively easy to drop once you've gotten your life back together... You have to get off of it slowly, but it isn't super-addictive.<br />
Good luck with your sleep problem... and I hope that you don't consider this as one of the whacky suggestions that you've already gotten!

Best Answer

You are so helpful, thank you. :-)

Best Answer

WHEW! I thought that you'd think of me as a druggie or a nut! One of my younger sons had imsomnia for YEARS, and I never knew it. His problem was finally cured by a person... his wife. Somehow, finding the right one to be with was comforting enough to allow him to sleep again. He still has problems sleeping in places other than his own home, but I guess that it was all just a mental thing for him, and he's still a 'closet insomniac', but he's got it handled now. Hang in there... you'll eventually be okay!

Best Answer

chloroform..lol

Best Answer

a good, strong strike on head

Best Answer

I'm hating that people aren't taking this seriously

Best Answer

If you have trouble with sleep, you should go to see a doctor.
Ask stranger, who have no idea about medicine, it isn't a good idea.

Best Answer

I've been a serious insomniac for about 30 years though mine was brought on by a medical condition. If you google "insomnia" there are some great chat groups. What I've learned about insomnia is it effects each person differently. I would not suggest anything personally for you but, talk to your parents/physician and see if they can help you out. You may get lucky and only need something you can purchase at the local vitamin store that is natural to help you out occasionally. <br />
As far as surroundings when you go to sleep, I'm one of those people that need a fan running in the room just for the sound of it. I also need a very dark room. This insomnia is tricky business. Hopefully it won't plague you throughout your adult life as it had with so many of us. Good luck on the zzzzzzzzz's!

Best Answer

Thank you very much. :-)

Best Answer

sleep on yur tummy with or without pillow

Best Answer

Maybe.

Best Answer

take a codiene, melatonin, or sit in the hot tub with a grandparent

Best Answer

What? Grandparent?

Best Answer

grandpa's boringness always puts me to sleep

Best Answer

I have severe insomnia, so the closest thing to a piece of advice on the matter that you're going to get from me is to not fall asleep.

Best Answer

O_O great....

Best Answer

Yep. It's 6:52 AM where I live, and I haven't slept a bit.

Best Answer

Try relaxing your self. If you do anything else in your bed but sleep your mind thinks it's not time for bed so try to only sleep in your bed. If it helps think of a soothing color relax your muscles and close your eyes. It worked for me

Best Answer

First you need to take a valerian root niteherb pill half an hour before bed continuosly for 30 days. Lie back on bed on an accupressure mat for 5mins, spray on some sleep therapy,rub some sleep balm on. Put lavender & Hop pillow by head. Then listen to a sleep hypnotherapy cd after that keep visualising by a waterfall or on a beach then eventually drift off to sleep. It usually takes me several hours to fall a sleep (i get hot) until my body temperature cools down.

Best Answer

Sing quitley in your head or listen 2 music that's always works for me

Best Answer

This is what i do usally i go to bed when my grandmother does so im always up until 3 or 4 am and never go to sleep with a headache if you have this problem take an alive it works if you have any electronics like an iphone or ipad put a song on that is classical or whatever is light im 14<br />
btw and this is a problem for me too warm milk doesnt help at all so dont waste any perfectly good milk on that if you have a dog or cat let it sleep beside you or on your belly so that you feel comfort and peace quite down any loud noises unless this helps you sleep better btw if you share a room and dont want the person to get desturbed by the music or whatever it is use earplugs this also helps relax the ear and keep the wires a safe distance from your neck dont wanna get choked also if you dream look up your favorite video on youtube or fav show and watch a cople of videos not to many though this will help you put a picture in your mind to sleep calmly with also releave all the stress you need to be relaxed while sleeping just do all your chores homework ect.make a list to so you dont forget anything also if you have some candles light them the smell will help you relax more also wear comfortable pajamas so you nice and relaxed also be lazy it helps for me to think about school or other boring things dont eat or drink any junk food before you go to bed if your a person who is always thirsty or hungrey keep some crackers water or tea even.anyway all these things help me also it helps me to get warm like a sona so i can just relax crack your fingers before you go to bed so that your fingers arent always uncomfortable also turn off and lights or phnes computers ect. So you dont get distracted if you need any little shows to watch before you go to bed here are some of my favs for ideas invader zim,anime,or youtubers

Best Answer

Stare at *******. ******* love to be stared at. ;)

Best Answer

when u cant sleep dont count sheep talk to the sheperd =)

Best Answer

Think of some great stuff that you would like to do tomorrow whilst just staring at the ceiling. Open the window and just feel the breeze and listen to all those noises you can hear. If you get cold just bring the blankets up to your shoulders. Listening the noises outside make me very sleepy. I hope this helps you. I'm having the same problem as you at the moment but the ideas that I have just given you had just come into my mind so I'll try get some sleep now as well. Haha!

Best Answer

I don't have an answer but I do have the same question. It's 4:10 where I am and my eyes are really tired but I've been laying in bed for literally 5 hours straight and I can't fall asleep. My brain just won't turn off.

Best Answer

Pray it makes u fall asleep

Best Answer

ive just got back to the uk from the usa. flew overnight and couldnt sleep at all last night. tried to sleep today but my head just turns into knots and i cant relax enough to sleep. this is not a sudden problem as ive been on sleeping pills for five years. the sleeping pills dont really work anymore, so when i get stressed like this i cant sleep at all. my only answer is to drink alot of alchol and then i eventually relax enough to sleep. i dont want to drink to sleep. what should i do.

Best Answer