The main reason im unhappy is that i dont find it interesting anymore, I wanted to use it to get on to a Zoology degree but the course im on has just drained all the interest out of me, I was thinking of an art course to gain access to a career in prop making or digital animation but im not sure if that there would be any job opportunities after that.
bertilak bertilak 22-25, M 11 Answers Dec 12, 2012 in Education

"Art" is not a ******* subject.

Best Answer

I didnt say art was a subject I was saying an art subject as in there are many art orientated courses such as 'art and design','design for visual communication', 'textile art' and 'fine art', there are others but from your response I gather you wouldnt be interested and that you're not here to be helpful.

Best Answer

can't you combine it? Where I live there is an university on which one can combine a 'regular' study with an arts study... It's probably hard work, but you would be doing things you like, and won't have to worry about job opportunities

Best Answer

No I cant combine it, I did have a look around but I cant find anything that I could go and do after this course, I would need to go back and do a lower level art course first, although if I could build up a portfolio I might scrape onto a course.

Best Answer

I dont know where you live but at Leiden university (netherlands) it is possible. Good luck with your choice!

Best Answer

im in the uk, thanks for your advice

Best Answer

Yes, switch! My god, life is WAY too short to be doing something that you don't love! If you're unhappy now, imagine how unhappy you will be in two years, five years, ten years if you don't do what you know you really want to do!

Best Answer

Thats the way I see it but its kind of scary, taking the risk of quitting a course and starting a new one, what if the grass isnt greener?, I suppose thats the hard thing I need to decide.

Best Answer

A talented artist has no need of a degree, their work is their resume. I'd stick with science, or better yet some kind of business degree.

Best Answer

Im in my second year of a course i didn't enjoy during my first. YES SWITCH!

Best Answer

what are you unhappy about? courses? faculty? environment? company? syllabus? or just subject?

Best Answer

Its the syllabus, im not interested in the things we are learning but I know we need to know this stuff to give us a firm base knowledge for future progression, I just dont want to complete this course and then go and do a degree and discover that I dont like it and I have just wasted time.

Best Answer

which level? BS? MS? Phd?

Best Answer

Im currently on an access course, it will get me the qualifications needed to get on to a BSC degree level course, the one upside to my situation is the fact that its not university level so I have had to pay all those university fees.

Best Answer