I feel guilty because, I used to be someone with a very solid work history, and now, I'm someone who has, since January, been through 3 different jobs. I love my husband to death, but he is very reassuring in telling me that we're actually able for me to do this. Right now, thankfully enough, we can afford it for me to take off a week, and find something a little more up my ally. I can't bring myself to stick it out at McDonalds, and I know that makes me sound like a total wimp, but I just can't do it this time around. Should I take him up on his offer, and find something that I can actually tolerate, or should I just get the hell over it. FYI, I know that I'm lucky to have a job, it's not one of those situations where I don't realize what I have, I'm just saying that if I have to do something for 9 hours a day, it might as well be something that I kind of enjoy. Please, be kind...I'm a softy!
esteembreeding esteembreeding 22-25, F 11 Answers Apr 20, 2012

So you don't trust your husband who sounds kind, loving, caring, and supportive? He sounds like your rock and therefore can be trusted to meet your needs. Quit, and give your husband many hugs while you look for the new job. Women would envy you! Not me, but then I have the best guy in the world. But your husband can be in second place!

Best Answer

Hey, now, I trust that cat like crazy. I'm just freaked out with him being so "fine" with it all. He is my rock, and I love him for all of his support, but it just freaks me out, girl! How about they both rank first place? Please!? I've been giving him hugs like crazy, I do that anyway :)

Best Answer

Well, okay then. Our guys can be co-firsts!

Best Answer

sounds good :)

Best Answer

Don't be so hard on yourself. I understand the way you feel. Its my nightmare that Mcdonalds is the only place that will hire me. Don't torture yourself find something else. My work history tanked also and it seems like no one will hire me and my self-esteem is in the toilet. McDonalds was actually my first job at 16 I dont ever want to go back to it again I would look for something else be good to yourself dont beat yourself up hopefully it will get better, Hang in there.

Best Answer

Aw, thanks. You probably know that it's hard not to beat yourself up. Sure, I probably got myself into this sticky spot, but it's really hard getting out of a rut like this. I just feel so dumb. When McDonald's did hire me I was like "oh, this will be awesome, and I can walk to work, blah, blah, blah" but then I get there, and I'm just like "what the hell was I thinking?!" I respect the people that work there, I honestly do, but I guess like you, my husband, and everyone else have said, I should just find something that actually suits me :) Thank you!

Best Answer

Ya I lost my last job and it was my fault and Im kicking myself cause I cant find a job. Today I signed up with a temp service and was thinking "what the hell am I doing I feel sooooo lost" and honestly nobody cares but tomorrows a new day and we just have to keep our head up and keep trying otherwise things won't change. Hey you helped me, Thank you

Best Answer

Temp services can bring good things. The last "serious" job that I had was through a temp service. I worked in a warehouse for 1 year and 4 months, and was in heaven. Sure, at the time I didn't see that, but now I do. I'm thinking about trying it out again. If I've done it before, and liked it, it might be something I can actually stick with. Losing a job is really hard, and it's embarrassing to bring up when people ask about it, "oh, you know, I lost my job" but, it happens. We're not perfect. All you can do is try in this world. You'll do fine with the temp agency. If you go to a warehouse it's pretty stress free, you work alone a lot of the time, and when you go home, you just go home, you take nothing with you...so the best of luck. It'll be okay :) And, you're welcome. You helped me, too :)

Best Answer

I think it would be marvelous to find something that you can be more satisfied with. Nothing wrong with that really. <br />
First, though, I think I'd look at the reasons why I'd changed jobs so many times. What I had assumed I'd be able to handle that I couldn't. Or why I'd even look into jobs that really were not a good fit. I think I'd try to get a serious handle on what I actually could do and enjoy with less guesswork about it. <br />
And if I felt bad about quitting, then I think I'd make myself stick it out for a certain amount of time. But that would be a personal choice for me. I would also want to pinpoint what I hated so much about it and what I felt had defeated me.

Best Answer

Good point. I agree with a lot that you had to say. I don't feel bad quitting, I feel bad thinking that I'm a ****** wife for not sticking something out for "us"..you know what I mean. I guess I should get that out of my head though...my husband is okay with it, so I should be okay with it, right?

Best Answer

No offence...But this forum is for questions this is not a question, it's a story.

Best Answer

Wow. Hmmm. I guess depending how you look at it, it's a question inside of a story. It's more than just a "should I stay or should I go" kind of thing. Believe me, I know what this forum is about, and I'm pretty sure that if I wasn't asking a question, none of these people would have answered...

Best Answer

lol, you're so great :)

Best Answer

Yeah, I agree with classicality, look for a job and stay at McDonalds until you find something better.

Best Answer

I wish I could, but like I told classicality, I don't think I can. For real, McDonald's is for young people starting out, older folks looking for easy work, and people who are willing to take anything, and I feel like I'm none of those things...ugh, maybe I'll just quit like my husband said, get the heck over it, and find something new...

Best Answer

Come ON. It's a job at McDonald's. You should feel guilty if you guilt yourself into staying there and making that your career.

Best Answer

You're crackin' me up. "COME ON" I know what you're saying, but part of me still feels bad :(

Best Answer

It sounds like your husband is a good man...you need to take him at his word, that it's ok if you need to look for something else.

Best Answer

Good answer! He is a good man; literally the best thing that has every happened to me. I wish I could take him at his word and just do it, and not worry about it, but it's hard for me to do something for myself and not feel like a total ******* for doing so. You know?

Best Answer

yes i know what you mean...i'm kinda in the same place right now...no job at the moment, and my fiance is completely fine with that!

Best Answer

I'm glad that you can relate. My husband's always told me that if he could make enough working that I wouldn't have to. Sure, I appreciate that, but you and I both know that what they consider fine, a lot of the time makes us feel kind of useless :( Even though we cook, and clean, and run errands, sometimes it just doesn't feel like enough...

Best Answer

oh boy we are alot alike....:)

Best Answer

i could tell that we were the second you sent your 2nd message. you're probably a worry worm, just like me. And I bet that your guy evens you out, and is the more "optimistic" one out of the two of you. Isn't it nice having a relaxed side kick :)

Best Answer

Can't you look for other work while still employed with McDonald's?

Best Answer

I could, and I know that this sounds horrible, but I just simply don't want to. I've worked worse jobs, well at least in my opinion, but these last 2 years, I've just...not been to great at working, and stupid me, I've picked jobs focusing on people...catering to others. And I go into these jobs thinking that I'll like them, but like with McDonald's, I'm slowly starting to noticed that I'm not much of a people person like I used to be. Does that make me sound awful, or what? :(

Best Answer