I have been working on this several days and going cold turkey. I am looking back for the first time right now and realy im down from a pack a day to a pack in 6 hours to 4 a day, to just 1 today. I hope by Friday to have none, but to keep going no matter what.
nuttybooker nuttybooker 41-45, F 7 Answers Aug 29, 2012 in Community

Fill those moments of want with something that will take your mind off of wanting to smoke. Take a walk, call a friend. Ask more questions here on EP.<br />
I've been an ex-smoker for 10 years, tried everything under the sun, it was only will power that worked and the desire to be around people I love for a good long time!

Best Answer

Try nicotine patches, they helped me quit

Best Answer

Use the gum, patches when needed. Go for walks, eat candy or whatever you like to snack on (exercising will help with the weight gain). If the cravings are too bad, sit in bed and cry if you have to, as long as you don't smoke.

Best Answer

I have used the patch before and quit for the awhile. A recent med change had me smoking 2 packs a day again. Its been harder this time cause ive had to detangle my unstable emotional state from smoking, even when i was stabe. In other words a cig is a cig and thats it. But im doing it.

Best Answer

I smoked on the patch this time made me sick cant do agin

Best Answer

Put an elastic band round ya wrist and flick it when you want a ***. It does help :-)

Best Answer

I would try it , but I cant do pain!

Best Answer

Thats the point of it lol you hate the pain so it takes ya mind off needing a cig

Best Answer