my boyfriend is currently away for law school, and I just feel that the distance and him furthering career is gonna push us apart. That I'm going to be compared to the driven, smart girls that he's gonna be working/studying with for the next 3 years. I hate thinking about it but I know theres nothing I can do. I'm so lost with myself I have no idea where I'm going but I hate the thought of losing him because of the distance and being compared to.
missmonroe missmonroe 22-25 10 Answers Oct 1, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

not to worry lawyers even budding ones are driven to suceed minds like cyborgs so he probably has chosen u for his life and that part is over and he can concentrate on his career so dont worry

Best Answer

You may have to go where he goes if you are so worried. Otherwise, stay where you are and contact him. If you do not hear from him and or find out that he is with another female, then you have to move on with someone else too.

Best Answer

to tell you the truth long distance relationship is really complicated sometimes you just have to let go and move on. he has his needs and you have yours.

Best Answer

Ok... well here is what you need to do if you want him to stay with you: (a) be supportive and tell him never to give up -suddenly his problems will be come the most important thing in the entire universe and you will just have to deal with it, (b) find a hobby/career -act impressive yourself and he will be relieved to talk to you about things OTHER THAN LAW SCHOOL... trust me. (c) take the time to join him for law school social events so he feels that his friends connect who you are -that way they will always ask about you as part of small talk.

I don't know him, but that seems like a good formula for most 1L guys.

Best Answer

"Further push you apart"? It sounds like the relationship is headed for the tubes anyway. Just call this inevitability, and get over it. You deserve better.

Best Answer

i love an happy ending as much as the next guy.... but, yeah you are probably right.

long distance relationship are a mess. been there.

Best Answer

Honestly that is life, people do what they have to to survive and get to their futures...sacrifice is required for success sometimes. Maybe you should do what he's doing and find a profession you can be indulged with. If you two truly love another then distance means nothing for when the time comes, you'll reunite as if you were never apart.

Best Answer

Is this a question or statement?

Best Answer