I've learned to choose which is more important over the years and have even had to apply this to my parent/step child relationship as well.
FlauntTheImperfections FlauntTheImperfections 41-45, M 20 Answers Nov 25, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Right. Because being right makes me happy.

Best Answer

I'm happy when I'm right also but in a relationship, being right doesn't always make for the happiest results. Sometimes compromise leads to less arguments and greater happiness as a couple. I'm not saying right is bad, just that forcing the issue might make for lonely nights where a partner is concerned.

Best Answer

Well, I've learned that most things I thought I had learned in life, were all lies and misperceptions fed to me since I was young, So I really don't need to be right, But Happy is one thing I always need.

Best Answer

Well said and quite true. We are often told things when we are young that either our parents did not understand how we'd interpret or were polarized on the issue and just gave us their point of view. Experience teaches us otherwise, especially if we live a very different life from that of our elders.

Best Answer

Cause I can be happy and systematically wrong? Let's try and be right and happy together.

Best Answer

A journey worth undertaking.

Best Answer

I pray ro be blissfully wrong ...

Best Answer

:) Sometimes it stinks to be right: worse to have to share that with someone you love.

Best Answer

You're right! {and that's A OK, of course!};)

Best Answer

I want to answer that I would rather be happy. But ba<x>sed on evidence, I act that I would rather be right. Working on changing that.

Best Answer

Thank you for such an honest answer. Every time I think I've managed to resolve this in myself, I catch myself arguing a point of no consequence. Thankfully, about 80% of the time I catch myself in the act and just say "ok. sure. go for it" and leave it be. Much harder to do when I know the ramification will affect both of us or worse, our entire family.

Best Answer

Happiness is something everyone has to work at but being right is automatic for me. For me theyre not mutually exclusive.

Best Answer

True. This is in the context of a relationship where forcing your point may lead to arguments and an unhappy couple. There are cases where one doesn't even want to be right but is just trying to prevent the other from making a mistake that will have lasting ramifications for one or both of them.

Best Answer

If you are happy, then being right doesn't matter.

Best Answer

I choose happiness over being right also but sometimes it isn't such an easy line to draw because of the ramifications of allowing the wrong person to go forward with that decision. You keep the peace but pay the consequences later.

Best Answer

Happy and right.

Best Answer

Good choice of order but it takes finesse to get them both. Cheers to you if you accomplish it.

Best Answer

Aw fukc.

Best Answer

I'm Happy that I'm Right .

Best Answer

Glad that worked for you. I have a hard time getting it to work for me. :)

Best Answer

Always remember the Jeff Foxworthy # 1 rule , If she's happy , Your happy .

Best Answer

Hill billy logic: The Occam's razor of relationships.

Best Answer

Who needs to be always right? And who cares? I just wanna be happy

Best Answer

Nuff said. Happy is worth it!

Best Answer

i want us to be Happy together!

Best Answer

Happy is such a precious thing. I hope that is the end result of any disagreements you have.

Best Answer

ha ha, happy!!! learned that the hard way! But if it is ending, I want to be right!!!

Best Answer

HA. funny. Yeah, I've given up on having the last word too.

Best Answer

Happy

Best Answer

I dont care as long as i'm happy

Best Answer

Simple solution. You must have little frustration in your life when you are so accommodating. :)

Best Answer

i can be both :)

Best Answer

Given time, you will encounter situations where it isn't as easy as one might think. But don't be discouraged from trying. :)

Best Answer