onir onir 26-30, F 10 Answers Jul 11 in Community

Yes--we call it Columbus Day, even though we were "found" by Amerigo Vespuci. And Leif Ericson. And some Irish dude. And who knows who else.

Best Answer

No and I reckon if you asked any teen here who Captain Cook was they'd not have a clue.

Best Answer

Here in the US we don't. We have 4th of July that celebrates the declaration of independence but nothing to celebrate the day we actually started fighting or won independence.

Best Answer

Ha, I read that as founded. Derp.

Best Answer

I was in Cairns 26th January. What a party!

Best Answer

Kangaroo court in the shrimp on the barbi day.

Best Answer

No, we don't celebrate Australia day

Best Answer

Yes, it's called a birthday ;)

Best Answer

4th of July for us Mericans!

Best Answer

I know of 4th if July but do you celebrate when America was found

Best Answer

That was the day we announced our separation from GB. And the traditional beginning of the Revolutionary War.

Best Answer

She knows of the 4th of July; but DO YOU CELEBRATE WHEN AMERICA WAS FOUND?

Best Answer

Well, there is Columbus Day but I'm mixed on that... a lot of Native Americans suffered from European conquest so I'll just stick with the 4th...

Best Answer

To which the answer might be "No, because there is no clear date to choose since Europeans have been visiting north America for over a thousand years."

Best Answer

Guilty as charged, your Honor...

Best Answer

independence day

Best Answer

No indepedence day when you got freedom I'm mean do you have a day when America was found?

Best Answer

Thats when we became a nation, there is no clear record of when america was found because native american indians were here for a long time before settlers came in a killed them all

Best Answer

o_O

Best Answer

It was conquistadors that started that, not settlers. North America included Mexico and Canada at that time, don't forget.

Best Answer