Womanfirst Womanfirst 46-50, F 10 Answers Dec 14, 2012 in Community

Nope. I think that it's lack of discipline from apathetic parents (thanks, Dr Spock)<br />
Excess gratuitous violence on TV, No gun safety training as a child (no hunting culture in families anymore) and the first person, kill-kill-kill video games that kids put there nose into for hours at a time. One thing I DO know; guns are not the problem.

Best Answer

You are aware that your generation was the first dubbed the "me" generation, right? Also, Gen X had far more murderers and violent criminals, with violent crime and the murder rate peaking in 1992.

Best Answer

I am~ The previous generation (born 1961-1981) is usually called "Generation X," and this label is well-established. The post-1981 generation has been called "Gen Y," but give me a break – who wants to be named after the people older than you? "Baby Busters," an early label for GenX, never caught on for that reason. Writers William Strauss and Neil Howe use the label "Millennials" for post-1981 people, but that seems kind of out now that we're not worrying about Y2K. Generation Me could become the label, though it's meant more as a description.
I propose that the 1981-1999 generation be called iGeneration, or iGen. This generation has been profoundly shaped by technology, including the Internet (which is what the "i" stands for in "iMac") and of course iPods. The "i" also captures the essence of my description of Generation Me: it can stand for the first person singular or be "i" for individual. Y

Best Answer

Eh, forgive the smartassed answer. I think the truth is more complicated, as is the generational issue; my experience growing up in the very backward rural south is likely a lot different than someone who grew up in LA. As for the shooting issue, I don't know. This one seems a bit of an anomaly, shooting up a kindergarten, especially his mother's workplace.

Best Answer

Inb4 "something, something its this political party's fault!"

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

No, it's a product of an insane person living in an insane society.

Best Answer

my thoughts are with the families affected by this awful tragedy and i hope they can find peace soon

Best Answer