dejaentendu90 dejaentendu90 22-25, F 4 Answers Jun 14, 2012

If it's 3" I would assume so.

Best Answer

I would not carry a kitchen knife for defense. There is no quillion or thub rise/stop. When using a kitchen knife in a fight, you hand can easily slide right onto the blade and you will cut yourself.

If you really want to carry a weapon, please research it and learn how to use it.

Best Answer

I have. im in the process of buying a proper pocket knife and the pepper spray is in the mail. this is just as a precaution.

Best Answer

I am not trying to discourage you. I'm sure you have a very good and immediate reason to want to carry protection. I just want to make sure you don't hurt yourself or allow the situation to become even more violent through your actions. Please be careful and God bless you. I'm sorry for what you are going through.

Best Answer

In the UK it's an offence to carry a fixed blade which is 3inches or more..... that is any type of blade, it's a strict liability offence (you commit the offence by having the blade in a public place. You can raise a defence that you had it for a valid reason, a chef or a cook will need to move his kitchen knives to and from work, you can buy a knife at the cook store or hardware store to take home, a carpenter may need a large blade for a variety of reasons... so in essence you need a valid, current reason to have a blade over 3 inches in a public places.

Best Answer

Not here. I can carry a 3" blade for any purpose.

Best Answer

Take it you are over in the states and your legal system is similar to English Law. So whilst it may not be an offence in itself if you do end up using the blade, say in self defence, you will need to show good cause why you had it in the first place. Walking round with a four foot sword and trying to claim you had it for slicing water mellons won't afford you much of a defence

Best Answer

there's a big difference between 3 inches and 4 feet.

Best Answer

I guess what I'm trying to say, if you ended up using anything over 3 inches you would need to give a reason why you had it on you in the first place. To claim you carried a knife for self defence you would need to show you had a reasonable fear which necessitated carrying the blade. So it would be ok for a single woman walking late at night to carry a knife for self defence, the same would not be true if she took it on a shopping trip down the local mall in the middle of the day

Best Answer