Maverick1962 Maverick1962 70+, M 6 Answers Jan 24, 2014 in Community

Piano and harp ?

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Good question! nice to see, for a change. Harp wasn't ......'instantly' coming to me!
And, of course the piano is actually in the Percussion family, although, yes it has strings.
Because they 'need to be struck', that is why it is a percussion instrument.

Best Answer

Thanks for response and clarification. I had forgotten that I had posed this question. :)

Best Answer

If you really mean "stringed" instruments as opposed to "string" instruments in an orchestral setting, then a piano and a harp qualify as non-bowed stringed instruments.<br />
Otherwise a classical guitar, and a lute (such as played in a Vivaldi Lute Concerto in a baroque orchestra), I suppose could be a non-bowed string instrument.

Best Answer

Piano and harp were the responses I sought. I hope I didn't present the question in ambiguous manner. My apologies if it was so. I thought a musician or a member of a symphony orchestra would come forward with the answer. Thank you.

Best Answer

Actually, I sang for ten seasons with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra's Chorus, during the Solti and Giulini years.

Best Answer

Alex...is that you?

Best Answer