minotgran minotgran 56-60, M 7 Answers Jul 6, 2012

Basically, its the concept that you are free from suffering of the world. And that your reward is your soul being released from suffering and becomming part of the earth.

Best Answer

You cannot use the langauge of one religion to understand the concepts of another. Nirvana is Nirvana. It is also important to understand that Buddhism was first a religious philosophy of india and then it spread to Asia. The language of India/Asia describes something that is most closely matched to the idea of Nirvana in English, but it is not an exact fit.

Best Answer

it has long been known as the truth, longer that your sh1t.

Best Answer

Nirvana is a viking concept of heaven. I'm not entirely sure about Buddhist expectations in that regard, but they do adhere to the concept of reincarnation.<br />
I have read recently that Christian Councils welcome the DalaI Lama, and acknowledge much of the Buddist teachings to be in close alignment with those of Jesus Christ.

Best Answer

Yea they believe in reincarnation. They are reincarnated until their soul is completely pure and therefore released from suffering.

Best Answer

It is no surprise that with declining number of Christians the Council would want to align themselves with the Dali lama and Buddhism which is a growing faith.
Christianity and Buddhism as religions or philosophies are foundationally as far apart as possible. The interesting thing in Buddhism is that the judge of what is right on wrong is Self, being credited with a moral compass and free thought, where is in Christianity it is scripture and church leaders that determine right and wrong. The final 8th book written by Buddha actually made light of his earlier work and said that all I offer in my earlier work is simply my experience as a teacher, but you may find another way that I do not know. He did not want the “suggestions” found in his writing to be followed as a dogma. He said “Do not mistake my finger pointing at the moon as the moon itself”. This is to mean, enlightenment (the moon) is the goal my finger pointing at the moon is simply one of many clues or possible ways to reach the moon.

Best Answer

I'm not really conversant with the greater paoply of Buddhist belief, but I admire their attitude towards property and possessions, and towards doing no harm to people and other living things. These are the kinds of teachings in Buddhism that align with the teachings of Jesus Christ, and which align with much of Christian thought.
The media would have everyone see a decline in Christian faith, but they are wrong. Over 50% of Americans are Christian, and (though I don't agree), 46% of Americans believe in Creation as the Bible tells it, according to recent polls. Christianity is growing by leaps and bounds in China with millions accepting Christ as saviour. Similar growth is occuring in India and throughout Asia, and not to forget, Africa. Christianity also continues to be strong throughout South and Central America. Churches are growing throughout Canada as well.
The issue I have with Buddhists is that they worship Buddha as a God. The Buddha himself declared that he was not God, or a God, and admonished his followers not to worship him, but they do.

Best Answer

yep...very silly religion

Best Answer

not a religion

Best Answer