thx for answering
DiscreteVariables DiscreteVariables 16-17, F 14 Answers Aug 25, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Nothing wrong with tearing their @ss up, for doing the wrong thing. And yes there is a difference between discipline and abuse. The worst thing that ever has happened was taking the paddle out of the classroom. My friends and myself got are @sses tanned at home & school and we turned out ok.

Best Answer

Anytime you hit a child because you're angry is wrong. I spank/smack my kids. Sometimes there are situations that need immediate consequences that make a big impact. When my son was 3 he didn't want to hold my hand in a parking lot and decided to take off running. He blindly ran into traffic and spanked him. He needed to understand I was NOT playing when I told him not to do that. I think the spanking hurt him less than a 3yr. old vs. a car. When I got a note from his teacher that he colored on the floor with a piece of crayon under his desk with his shoe I didn't spank him. I made him go into school 10 min. early and clean it all up. I let him know that he needs to be more aware of long term affects of what he's doing and that if he did something senseless like this again his Ipod would be gone. Stupid things like that have not happened since but, I'm still prepared to follow through. Not everything is cause for a spanking. I think the real problem we have with kids today is not the children but the lazy, stupid, self absorbed parents who aren't willing to put in effort in raising their children into productive, well-mannered, responsible members of society. Spanking shouldn't be allowed in schools, it's your job as a parent to teach your children how to behave.

Best Answer

you sound like a good mom! :)

Best Answer

Thank you! :D I really do try my best.

Best Answer

oh, in NYC we take care of kids running out between parked cars or into traffic the easy way--- we run their lame ***** down,,, lol. You'd be way surprised how few kids here do that,,,, In Cali,,, the kids parents be sentenced to 12 -16 weeks of 'counseling',,, under the pathetic moniker something like ' parenting for juvenile self esteme' (and pay $2-3k for the privledge)

Best Answer

I know and it's insane! I lived in Ca. for about 10 years (about 11-21) and the kids out there are by far the worst I've seen in comparison to the other places I've lived. I find it seriously disturbing when I see children who speak to their parents like they're equals. I used to live in Japan and American kids look like feral animals compared to the kids there.

Best Answer

I don't believe in whipping with a belt (my mom used to do that when I was real bad, ouch). But kids do need to be kept in line and have consequences for their actions. Too many punk children running around terrorizing their parents and telling THEM what to do. I believe spanking their bottoms with your hand, or another of my mom's favorite, pulling the ear when in public. Abuse is something that leaves bruises and usually is done without the child doing anything warranting some kind of punishment

Best Answer

Interesting. At least up here marks or welts on a child (and other things) are signs of possible abuse. I'll have to re-look up the exact statute(I may be a mandated reporter, but it doesn't mean I have statutes memorized.)

Best Answer
Best Answer

And mind you it specifies they need to be repeated or in combination. So yeah, what is legal down there could not be up here.

Best Answer

interesting thx.

Best Answer

I hope that makes sense. ( I'm an Education major, so the topic of abuse and reporting comes up often in my classes...and I could be mistaken, but from my interpretation it would be not alarming if a kid came in with marks on several occasions. And school spanking is illegal up here, for sure in Public schools anyhow.

Best Answer

Why you pickin on Texas? It's them crazy northerners you gotta watch.

Best Answer

It's not abuse as long as it doesn't leave a mark or bruise for more than 24 hours

Best Answer

I'm not all up on parenting trends in Tx, lol,, but I would guess Tx parents hit their kids way more thn those in Ca; Wa; Or; as well as NY; Ma; NH; Vt (all the liberal states) ,,,,, abuse in my opinion is repeated/continuous violence on a kid, to the point where it's easily visible ( bruises,burns,cuts, welts etc etc) ... and everything more severe of course,,

Best Answer

sure,,, as I said,, all the most liberal states, California, Washington, Oregon,,, New York,, Massachuttes, New Hampshire, Vermont. There are likely 5-10 other USA states that fit the bill as well. Tx kills,, puts to death, every year,, more than our other 49 states combined. Soooo,, Texas will never qualify under the 'liberal' guidelines. Where I live,, Colorado,, it's only illegal to carry a concealed weapon. If you dare break in my house,, I'm all legally allowed to blow ur *** away,, thanks to Dirty Harry,,, and his take no ****, whatsoever famous words ' go ahead punk,, make my day'. In Kentucky 20-30 yrs back 2 gay blades were almost sent away for life,, just for comitting 'sodomy' in the privacy of 1 of their homes--- kids get beat down south,, like shine is sold at the local '5 and dime' ,,, all the time.

Best Answer

Execution of minors , they like doing that there aswell.

Best Answer

well........... can u imagine a texan who has been kept in line????

Best Answer

Yeah everyone here is a stubborn abusive redneck. They even beat thier wives, a guy I know named junior choked his wife and held her against the wall.

Best Answer