The first was Lilith, after her banishment, God created a more subservient version from Adams rib, her name was Eve, does this disturb anyone else?
ssikca ssikca 22-25 10 Answers Nov 4, 2011

There is no mention of a Lilith. In the old testament.<br />
No mention of a banishment. but Lilith is a character from Jewish mythology from the Babylonian Talmud.

Best Answer

Jewish tradition--Lilith was Adam's first wife, but she demanded equality (even wanted to be on top during sex supposedly) and was banished from Eden, later becoming a demoness in Jewish tradition. She was replace by Eve, who was created subservient to Adam. <br />
Nope, doesn't disturb me--it's all myth, no different than reading the story of Isis and Osiris.<br />
Oh, and don't forget, there are TWO different versions of creation in The Book of Genesis, which gives rise to the concept of Lilith and Eve being different women.

Best Answer

That's ok, guys can learn about free will too and tell you to go to hell.

Best Answer

Please note this is a statement, followed in expansion by a question, in afterthought. It is meant to be a place of questions, though. The portion which ..posts above the reply.. is your statement, not your question. that is hidden in additional comments. How about trying to make it a question on the outside, and make the comments on the inside. You may not see this since you are not offered it for a response, but look at other examples and see that only the outer, bold text is repeated near the reply box.<br />
As for Lilith, i couldn't care less.

Best Answer

What version of the Bible are you getting this from.<br />
The greek and the hebrew texts speak of Adam called Eve because she was taken out from him.<br />
Just went through Strong's Concordence a number of Bible dictionary's.<br />
I must have Have mised this name in my 35 years or so of studying the new and old sc<x>riptures.<br />
Please tell us where to find this.<br />
thanks

Best Answer

I found a site that says she isn't mentioned in Genesis, but she is found in Isaiah (34:14), I also found that what puck61 said was on point, she wasn't banished, she left on her own accord, apparently Adam tried to force her to lay with him, she called upon the secret name of God and escaped, she started to mate with Demons, becoming the first vampire, eventually she became the Queen of the Damned.

Best Answer

Could turn this idea into a trilagy ;
The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.
Isaiah 34; 14 KJV

Best Answer

Ok I searcthed it out makes sense now it was original mythology.
Mixed and mingled with Samarian,Babalonian, and gretest influance from Egyption mythology.
All of the senario's she is set in are based on the first five books in the bible, they mix it up with a moon we can't see and others say she is the dark side of the moon. 1/3 of the stars fell Rev 12: 9 (demons /devils what you want to call them
Man calls the fallen angels.
I think that one is playing a game in your head ask the God of your soul to tell you the real answer to this person called Lilith.

Best Answer

Never heard that before but Lilith sounds like a pretty awesome chick.

Best Answer

I have never honestly heard this version. But the biblical concept of the woman having to be subservient to the man is disturbing to say the least.

Best Answer

where does this information come from?

Best Answer

The Babylonian Talmud.

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer